- On the horizon: IPOs by hedge funds. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses hedge fund initial public offerings' (IPOs) rising success by selling shares to the public in New York. More than 20 hedge funds are expected to conduct IPOs over the next two years. The Fortress Investment Group LLC has filed for the first IPO of a domestic hedge fund....
- Hope Floats. Bizouati, Yael // Investment Management Weekly;2/26/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses the implications of the successful initial public offering (IPO) of Fortress Investment Group in February 2007 for the hedge fund industry in the U.S. According to industry insiders, the move by the New York-based-company could attract others to engage in such a...
- Hello, Hedge Funds. Kiviat, Barbara // Time;12/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p62
The author reports that, since hedge fund assets have more than doubled to over $1.3 trillion over the past four years, they can no longer be secretive. Fortress Investment Group, which filed to become a publicly traded company and which houses hedge funds and private equity, is mentioned. The...
- OVER THE HEDGE. McLean, Bethany // Vanity Fair;Apr2009, Issue 584, p80
The article discusses investment managers Randal Nardone, Wesley Edens, and Robert Kauffman, all of whom led the Fortress Investment Group to its initial public offering (IPO) in 2007. The story of the men and their hedge fund, the author indicates, assists in explaining why hedge funds are...
- Welcome to Club Hedge. Fruchbom, Paul // Fortune;4/16/2007, Vol. 155 Issue 7, p17
The article discusses the increasing number of hedge funds that are choosing to be publicly traded companies. Fortress Investment Group was the first hedge fund to trade on the New York Stock Exchange. Several other hedge funds are preparing for initial public offerings (IPO) including Avenue...
- Trading Up. Orr, Deborah // Forbes Global;9/6/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p56
Focuses on the business model of trading firm Jefferies Group. Participation in investment banking and asset management; Move of the company to use hedge funds as capital; Initial public offering alternatives for small-sized companies; Consultancy activities for bankrupt companies.
- Fortress Liquidates Flagship Hedge Fund. Whyte, Amy // AiCIO News;2015, p14
The article reports that global investment management firm Fortress Investment Group LLC will close its Fortress Macro Fund and managed separate accounts due to losses in 2015 that lead to the retirement of its chief investment officer Michael Novogratz.
- Blackstone's IPO Buzz. Louria, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p4
No abstract available.
- Care for a Sliver of the Private-Equity Pie? Palmer, Kimberly // U.S. News & World Report;7/23/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p38
The article reports on the riskiness of small investors buying into private equity companies which seem like a good deal. Smaller investors are now able to invest in large private equity firms like the Blackstone Group and Fortress Investment Group that have gone public through large initial...