The hazards of nursing
- Handle with care. Woolgar, Junia // Nursing Standard;4/28/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p24
Discusses the role of nurses in the storage and administration of medicines. Importance of consulting with a pharmacist in minimizing the medication errors and maladministration of drugs; Need to consider the laws governing the administration of medicines.
- Home chemotherapy set to be expanded. // Nursing Standard;2/9/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the plan of a hospital in expanding its pioneering nurse-led home chemotherapy service. Number of patients who have used the facility; Reason why people don't like to come to hospitals; Comments from patients being treated at home.
- ANALYSES OF THE LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES ARISING FROM THREE EVENTS. Teo Zi-Rong Samantha // Singapore Nursing Journal;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
Analyzes the legal and ethical issues which arose from events that occurred in a hospital related to the field of nursing. Law on the administration of medication to patients; Virtues that must be possessed by nurses; Standard for giving care to patients.
- "Time for your meds". // Canadian Nurse;Sep2011, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses a study by S. Kaasalainen and colleagues, which examined the satisfaction of nurses with drug administration in long term care (LTC) homes. It used a U.S. questionnaire to identify the barriers to safe medication administration, and studied the differences between the...
- Extravasation of Cytotoxic Drugs - The Role of the Nurse. Lavdaniti, Maria; Dimitriadou, Alexandra // Nosileftiki;Jul2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p268
One of the complications of the administration of chemotherapy agents is their extravasation. Even if the frequency of extravasation is relatively low, whenever it does occur it has serious repercussions on the quality of life of the patient. The purpose of this literature review was to...
- Preventing harm: medication management. Nazarko, Linda // Nursing & Residential Care;Nov2014, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p622
No abstract available.
- Media Briefs. Cooke, Carol // American Nurse;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
Presents a chart related to online degree and certificate nursing programs in the U.S.
- nursing protocol. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1610
An encyclopedia entry for "nursing protocol," which refers to a specific written procedure prescribing nursing actions in a given situation, is presented.
- Nurse feedback. // Nursing Review (1173-8014);MAR2012, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
The article presents the results of the 2012 Get Checked Perceptions Survey completed by the New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) and the College of Nurses Aotearoa. Almost 90% of respondents had received some education before offering the Get Checked diabetes management scheme. 44% of nurses...