Robust demand supports hikes
- Your Business Pricing Update. Sherman, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H.; Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p74
Presents pricing updates of products and materials in the plastics industry as of February 2004. Increase in polyethylene prices; Factors which contributed to the increase in prices of propylene monomers.
- Cross your fingers, hope for best. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/11/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
The article focuses on the performance of categories like polyethylene, polypropylene (PP), and polystyrene, in the plastic industry of North America in 2010. Glenn Wright, commercial vice president of North America Basic Plastics for Dow Chemical Co., says North American polyethylene is much...
- Robust Polymer Demand Reopens Export Market to U.S. Producers. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;9/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the export of U.S. plastic products as of September 15, 2004. Increase in the total exports of polyethylene (PE), polypropylene, polystyrene and polyvinyl chloride in the first half of the year, according to the American Plastics Council; Reason for the decline in the competitivity...
- Prices are Creeping Back Up. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p88
Presents an update on the prices of chemicals in the plastic industry as of November 2003. Polyethylene resin; Polypropylene; Polyvinyl chloride.
- Soaring Resin Market. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the increase in the production of domestic low density polyethylene and high density polyethylene producers. Impact of tight source and low inventory on the market; Prices of domestic polypropylene; Growth in the prices of domestic polystyrene prices.
- Resins Remain Bullish. // China Chemical Reporter;11/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p22
The article reports on the increase in prices for Polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polystyrene (PS) in China from early to mid October of 2009. It mentions that the trading filaments for PE ranges from 10,000- 10,300 renminbi/tonne, 9,450-9,700 renminbi/tonne for PP, and 9,600-10,600...
- plastics & coatings In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p21
Presents news briefs on the prices of plastics and coatings in the market as of September 24, 2001. Price increase on polyethylene; Decision of polypropylene producers to increase the price of the product.
- Producers Try to Pass Along Rising Feedstock Costs. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p35
Reports on the decision of U.S. plastics producers to raise their prices in 2003. Reason for the move; Amount of the increase planned by polyethylene producers; Plans of polypropylene producers for the prices of their products.
- PP, PE prices follow dissimilar pathsin Oct. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/12/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p4
Reports the trend of prices for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in the United States. Prices increases of PR; Decrease of price for PE; Slowdown of PE demand in the market.