SABIC determines to take fight to European giants
- SABIC's expansion may falter. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p14
The article reports on the delayed expansion plan of petrochemical company Sabic in China. Sabic may not be given approval for a petrochemical plant until 2008, further delaying its expansion plan. The company has been waiting for several months for the approval of its plant in Liaoning...
- INVESTORS LIKE WHAT THEY SEE AT SABIC. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p15
The article assesses the business and financial performance of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC). Its is noted that the company has become one of the world's largest chemical companies and the third-largest industrial company in the emerging markets. When compared to other chemical companies...
- Sabic expands petrochemicals. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2105, p44
Reports on the approval made by the board of Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corp. to an investment in petrochemical expansions. Amount of the investment; Details of the expansion plans.
- Sabic approves $6bn expansion programme. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/18/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the approval of an expansion programme of petrochemical company Saudi Basic Industries Corp. by the firm's board in Saudi Arabia in 2004. Value of the programme; Construction projects included in the programme; Bidders for the projects.
- Sabic continues to grow at home. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/17/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p7
The article focuses on plans by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) to expand operations outside of Saudi Arabia by possibly building an ethane cracker in the United States, stating that a lack of feedstock in Saudi Arabia is a factor behind its overseas expansion plans.
- A tale of two strategies. Kovac, Matt; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p24
The article reports on the strategic approaches adopted by Saudi Arabian and Chinese petrochemical companies to expand globally. An approach taken by Middle East companies is to look for assets from which to build their global operations. In contrast, Chinese companies are focusing of domestic...
- Cracking open the European market. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/7/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p38
Reports on the acquisition of the petrochemicals business of DSM in the Netherlands by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. in 2002. Cost of the acquisition; Aim of the deal; Remarks from Frans Noteborn of Sabic-EuroPetrochemicals on the expansion; Challenges faced by the companies in rebranding.
- Sabic Outlines Major Growth Plans. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, p15
The article reports on the investment program launched by Sabic which aimed to raise the company's ethylene capacity by 2009 and reinforce its position as the dominant petrochemicals player in the Mideast. The company is also developing plans for further expansions, with some taking place in...
- Sabic sounds out strategy. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2094, p9
Reveals the plans of Sabic to expand outside Saudi Arabia in 2004, according to Mohamed Al-Mady, Sabic vice chairman and chief executive officer. Options of the company on its expansion strategy; Strengths of Sabic in the chemical industry.