- SNC-Lavalin Appoints Chief Compliance Officer. // Compliance Week;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 111, p72
The article announces that Andreas Pohlmann has been appointed as chief compliance officer at SNC-Lavalin, an engineering and construction company.
- SNC-Lavalin Hires First Chief Compliance Officer. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/11/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p33
The article examines the appointment of lawyer Andreas Pohlmann as Chief Compliance Officer of the Canadian engineering firm SNC-Lavalin, noting that the firm's former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Pierre Duhaime has been charged with fraud as have two other former executives.
- Explosion at a chemical factory. Gordon Atkinson // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Jun2003, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p25
On Sunday 27 June 1976 at approximately 17.10 hours, an explosion occurred at a chemical factory, killing one man and causing extensive damage to plant and buildings on the site. Debris was scattered over a wide area and some substantial metal fragments were found outside the factory,but only...
- Chemical Century. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;12/22/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 49, p24
Offers a look into the innovations and discoveries in the chemical industry over the 20th century. BASF chemist Fritz Haber's 1908 demonstration of a catalytic process to produce synthetic ammonia; Explosives as a key sector in the early 20th century European and United States chemical...
- CSB Plans Full-Scale Investigation of First Chemical's Explosion. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the plans of the U.s. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board on the explosion of the distillation tower of First Chemical Corp. in Mississippi. Causes of the explosion; Victims of the event; Efforts of the agency to tighten regulatory standards covering reactive hazards.
- Slew of production mishaps upsets region. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;06/30/97, Vol. 251 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the problems facing the chemical industry in Houston, Texas. Impact of a series of upsets and explosions along the Gulf Coast; Blast at the Deer Park ethylene plant of Shell Chemical Co.; Claims filed for damages by people in the area; Explosion and fire at a unit in Crown Central...
- Third explosion in Ireland. // Chemical Week;8/25/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the ordering by Ireland's labor minister, Mary O'Rourke, of a review of safety standards at chemical processing units. Health and Safety Authority (HSA) inquiry following the explosion at Lawter International; Earlier explosions at Hicksons and ADM.
- A lesson in the finer points of the chemical industry. // Process Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p11
Comments on the image problem of the chemical industry. Public perception of the industry; Explosion of an ammonium nitrate plant in Toulouse, France in September 2001.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;2/28/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p17
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of February 28, 2001. Explosion incident in Chemzo Strazske; Corporate profits of Chemopetrol and Kaucuk, subsidiaries of Unipetrol.