A GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE
- CPC Selects Location for Cracker. Mollet, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/15/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 48, p21
Reports that Chinese Petroleum Corp. (CPC) has signed a letter of intent with the government of Chiayi County, Taiwan for a site for CPC refinery and naphtha cracker complex. Estimated annual sales of the complex; Stakeholders in the complex.
- CPC outlines plans for petrochemical project. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/3/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p18
Reports that Chinese Petroleum Corp. (CPC) has given details of the petrochemical project it is promoting in Taiwan. Percentage of CPC's ownership of the complex; Complex as based on a naphtha cracker; Companies that have agreed to participate in the project.
- CPC Creates Petchems Unit; Cracker Plan Advances. Mollet, Andrew; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the plans of Chinese Petroleum Corp. to create a separate petrochemical division in August 2000 as part of an effort to improve efficiency. Features of the division; Reason for separating petrochemicals from its refining activities.
- CPC Aims to be a Top-10 Petchems Producer. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the objective of Chinese Petroleum Corp. to become one of the top global petrochemicals producer by 2010. Information on the operation of the company; Petrochemical plant capacity of the firm; Other business plans of the company.
- CPC's 15kt ethytene storage tank in Kaohsiung ready by Feb. // Asian Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 419, p6
Reports on an ethylene tank being built by Chinese Petroleum Corp. in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Storage capacity of the tank; Demand for the company's ethylene; Plans of the company for the tank.
- ...one dead in Taiwan cracker blast. // Chemical Week;8/12/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the explosion happened at one of the naphtha crackers of Chinese Petroleum Corp. in Lin Yuan, Taiwan. Fatalities and injuries of the accident.
- new construction projects. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p22
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 21, 2005. Contract awarded by Saudi ChevronPhillips to Parsons E&C for the engineering and design of its petrochemical complex; Increase in the prices of the chemicals of Borealis; Planned petrochemical complex of Chinese Petroleum...
- Severe shortages push up butadiene prices. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p24
Reports on the increase in price of butadiene in Asia due to supply constraints in February 2004. Factors which further exacerbated the price hikes; Price level of butadiene cargoes die for arrival in Northeast Asia; Role of the Chinese Petroleum Corp. in the tightness of the butadiene market.
- CPC opts for one price formula. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 438, p8
Reports on the decision of Chinese Petroleum Corp. to switch from two pricing formulas to just one, as of March 2004. Factor which prompted the change in pricing strategy; Basis of the company's margin-share formula; Difference between the market-value formula introduced in 2004 and the formula...