A SIGN OF GREEN RELIEF
- Good for the long haul. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Nov2008 Supplement, pS3
The author offers suggestion on building the perfect green truck for the longhaul trucking segment. The first step is to spec a vehicle as aerodynamic and light as possible because aerodynamically shaped cabs, bumpers and fuel tank skirts can improve fuel efficiency by as much as 1 to 2% at...
- Carbon circles: cutting the cost of papermaking. // Converter;Mar2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p28
The article reports how quality circles like the Paper Industry Technical Association (PITA) Carbon Circles Project apply the Kaizen methodology to improve energy efficiency and lower carbon emissions and energy costs. The Kaizen technique, which is Japanese for Change for the Better, was...
- green room: environmental updates. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p9
The article offers update on the environmental programs in Seattle, Washington which are designed to gain sustainability. The author states that Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels founded the U.S. Conference of Mayors Climate Protection Agreement which is aimed at reducing emissions in their cities....
- GOVERNMENT BOOSTS GREEN DEAL CASH. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar2014, p41
The article offers information on the Green Deal cashback scheme introduced by the government to support households in improving down fuel bills and reducing carbon emissions focused on energy efficiency.
- IT WORKS FOR US. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/7/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4780, p45
The article offers information on Ricoh Arena, stadium joined the Carbon Reduction Commitment scheme focused on increasing energy efficiency and decreasing emissions in industries at Coventry, England.
- Energy 'progress'. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the reduction of energy use and emissions of heat-trapping gases in New Hampshire between 2005 and 2009.
- Optimization of the Waterbus Operation Plan Considering Carbon Emissions: The Case of Zhoushan City. Juying Wang; Feng Guan; Ting Li; Can Wang; Qianqian Han; Bin Yu // Sustainability (2071-1050);2015, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10976
Recently, as more people are concerned with the issues around environment protection, research about how to reduce carbon emissions has drawn increasing attention. Encouraging public transportation is an effective measure to reduce carbon emissions. However, overland public transportation does...
- Global Warming Firms Seek Technology Subsidies. Scott, Alex; Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;7/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the efforts of chemical companies to implement energy efficiency programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as of July 2005. Implication of a scientific assertion on the contribution of burning fossil fuels to global warming; Reason for the difficulty of achieving future cuts in...
- We need to talk: The case for a multidisciplinary approach to designing green policy. Wells, Peter; Macanovic, Alvira // Pure & Applied Chemistry;Jul2011, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p1351
No abstract available.