GROUPS KEEP THE PRESSURE ON
- NGOs attack Unice proposal. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p27
Reports that an alliance of non-governmental organizations (NGO) has branded the proposal published by Unice as a bid to weaken Reach, the new chemicals policy proposed by the European Commission. Effects of the proposal on Reach; Stance of the alliance on the proposal; Names of the NGO...
- Industry Groups Urge U.S. Senate to Redraft TSCA Bill. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;8/27/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 22, p12
The article reports that, as of August 2012, chemical industry groups are asking the U.S. Senate to redraft "The Safe Chemicals Act" legislation reforming the 1967 "Toxic Substances Control Act" (TSCA). According to the article, some groups do not believe the reform legislation will win...
- SIN LIST RELEASED. // Appliance Design;Nov2008, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the release of a list of 300 high concern chemicals on the market in an effort to accelerate the implementation of the European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use by an international coalition of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in 2008. The...
- Research Section: The value based portfolio management in response to REACh - A manual of different strategies for the chemical industry. Feldmeier, Christina; Kienert, Sebastian // Journal of Business Chemistry;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p83
The registration, evaluation and authorisation of chemical substances in the context of the European regulation called REACh influence the profit of the chemical industry. If the chemical enterprises want to keep their competitiveness and the availability of products in the Europeanmarket they...
- Still Much To Learn From 'Old Europe.'. Ditz, Daryl // Environmental Forum;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the effect of Europe's proposed Registration, Authorization and Evaluation of Chemicals legislation on the U.S. Features of the legislation; Tangible benefits ignored by the U.S. from the legislation; Lessons learned from the legislation.
- Proposed Perc Phaseout Rule Delayed. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p9
Reports on developments relevant to the proposed rule that would phase out the use of perchloroethylene by most dry cleaners in California compiled as of November 2002. Chemical regulations and policies; Health risks associated with the use of the solvent; Implications for the chemicals industry.
- WORST FIVE. // Ecologist;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p11
The article provides information on a Worst Greenwash award for 2007, created by a coalition of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including Friends of the Earth Europe. Entrants to the category include Airbus, BAE Systems, Exxon, the German Atomic Forum and Shell. The latter was included for...
- Friends of the Earth to shake off 'old-fashioned' image. // Marketing Week;9/7/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the environmental group Friends of the Earth's planned rebranding as of September 7, 2000. Appointment of Lambie-Nairn to create a marketing campaign for the organization.
- THE END POINT. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p46
The article reflects on the sponsorship of the British Wildlife Photographer of the Year Award by Shell as part of its efforts to improve its environmental image. It highlights the importance of supporting global biodiversity. The Friends of the Earth believes that the sponsorship would...