HOW GREEN HAVE WE GOT?
- R&D approaches warp speed. Richardson, Ed // Automotive Industries;Jan2012, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p1
The article offers the author's insights on the technological breakthroughs in automobile industry. The author considers the industry as innovative, however, refers the level of technology as a youngster. He mentions that emission is the focused of research and development (R&D) in the U.S.,...
- Letter from the Editors. Gelhard, Carsten; Golembiewski, Birte // Journal of Business Chemistry;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various papers published within this issue including one by Frank Spiegel and Karl-Martin Schellerer on hidden markets in the chemical industry, one by Tim Swift on research and development undertaken by chemical compnies and one by Fang X. Zhou and Thomas Bertels on...
- Innovation is key in times of crisis. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/25/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 4, p5
In this article the author discusses the impact of the budget cuts in the research and development (R&D) in the chemical industry in the U.S.
- Das Root of innovation. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;6/2/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 15, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses a cover story within the issue that reflects on the origins of modern industrial research & development (R&D) which can be traced back to Germany's chemical industry.
- Labs Land on Foreign Soil. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Sep2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the overseas research and development centers of multinational corporations in the U.S. A study by consultants from Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. finds that research and development sites have been shifting to an expanding number of global locales. One hundred eighty-six...
- The transition of the chemical industry. Sivaram, S. // Chemical Business;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the factors that affect the transition of the global chemical industry. Characteristics of large integrated manufacturing enterprises; Elements of a well organized and orderly research and development (R&D) system; Choice of raw materials as listed in European Inventory of Existing...
- Strong support for sustech program. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;5/17/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 19, p24
Reports that more than 100 European chemicals groups are setting up collaborative research and development projects with universities and other industries as part of the Chemical Industry Council's (Cefic) sustainable technology program. Details of projects under the program; Costs; Funding.
- Clean Power Legislation Seen As Ill-Conceived. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p40
Reports on key issues relevant to the regulation of carbon dioxide and other pollutants in the U.S. Emissions trading; Provisions of multi-emission legislation; Demands for cleaner air and affordable power; Implications for the operations of chemical plants.
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // UAE Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p49
The article focuses on the petrochemical and automotive sectors of the United Arab Emirates.