- State to change driver program. // Graham Leader;7/18/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 97, p7A
The article reports on the approval of the Texas Public Safety Commission to change the Driver Responsibility Program rules in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- PROTECTION OF PEDESTRIANS AND OTHER VULNERABLE ROAD USERS. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p339
The article reports on the European Parliament's adoption of a regulation proposed by the European Commission, which concerns the utilization of protection systems in vehicles in June 2008. This aims for the reduction of the number and severity of injuries to pedestrian and other vulnerable road...
- Priorities. Mulder, John // Free Flight;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p2
This article presents the latest news pertaining to soaring and the Soaring Association of Canada (SAC). The author outlines a number of association priorities for the coming year and mentions challenges to pilots of glider aircraft. Among the issues discussed are Transport Canada airspace...
- Safe-Keeping. Florino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/25/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p47
The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) 49th Air Safety Forum held last week in Washington highlighted areas it believes critical to the safety of man, machine and the nation's aviation system as the industry begins its second hundred years. Safety Management System (SMS) and Crew Monitoring were...
- President's Report. Melbourne, Claude // Model Aviation Canada;Jan2015, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- (Still) "Unsafe at Any Speed": Why Not Jail for Auto Executives? Steinzor, Rena // Harvard Law & Policy Review;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p443
The article discusses the regulatory failure of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), as of June 2015. Topics discussed include mishandling of the automobile ignition switch defect by the American automoaker General Motors (GM), NHTSA's inability to cope with Toyota's...
- Statement of the Secretary of Transportation. Pena, Federico // Public Roads;Winter96, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p32
Presents a statement from US Secretary of Transportation Federico Pena on highway safety initiatives in the United States. Call on state governors and legislators to adjust and refashion their highway safety strategies; Record low level of traffic fatality rate in the country; Promotion and...
- THIS WEEK. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);5/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p1
The article offers information on the four news in Clarendon for the week including the effort of the State Troopers to keep drivers safe, the local students listed for honors at Clarendon College, and the fall of the Broncos against Stamford.
- In safer hands? Ball, Jennifer // Commercial Motor;1/20/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5112, p20
Analyzes the Road Safety Bill in Great Britain. Motives behind the British government's decision to overhaul the bill; Opposition of the Safer Streets Coalition to the plan; Approval of the bill by the Freight Transport Association; Purposes of the bill.