Security's a piece of Cake
- Israel Set To Join CSI:. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/2/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the possibility that Israel will join the Container Security Initiative (CSI) anti-terror program. It says that an approval was granted by the Israeli Cabinet to the plan to join CSI and that Jerusalem is expected to sign a declaration of principles that would commit the...
- Security demo. Cotrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/07/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 27, p15
Reports on the Secure Cargo Anti-Terrorism Coalition's unveiling of a demonstration project aimed at alleviating long waits at the U.S.-Canada border by using artificial intelligence and data to help customs officials flag and divert suspicious cargo in advance of their arrival at the border. ...
- How big is big? Dupin, Chris // JoC Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the estimation of capacity of container ship. Exaggeration of the number of containers the ship carry; Factors affecting the container ship capacity; Ways of increasing the amount of cargos of the ship.
- Direct Containers. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;6/2/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the initiation of an all-water container service from Asia at Port Everglades in Broward County, Florida. Joint venture between Lloyd Triestino and Zim Israel; Comparison between rail or truck and all-water container service in terms of efficiency and quality of cargo; Number ships...
- Imports increasing as retailers prepare for back-to-school. // American Journal of Transportation;7/13/2015, Issue 606, p1
The article reports that import cargo at major retail container ports in the U.S. is projected to rise by 7.3 percent in July 2015.
- Cargo security puzzle. Edmonson, Bob // JoC Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p10
Examines the security measures applied to commercial cargo in the United States. Efforts of government officials to protect the borders and seaports from terrorist threats; Deficiency in the level of manpower in the borders and seaport; Development of a permanent security apparatus.
- The Port of Hamburg: Europe's logistics powerhouse. GEDASCHKO, AXEL // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/3/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p33
The article focuses on the success of the Port of Hamburg in Hamburg, Germany. The port is considered as the largest seaport in the country, the second-largest container port in Europe and the ninth-largest container port worldwide. It is predicted that the port's container handling will...
- Bigger port of call. // Finweek;9/29/2011 Namibie Supplement, p35
The article focuses on the expansion plans of the Namibian Port Authority (NamPort). It informs that NamPort is considering an expansion projects, worth four billion Namibian dollars, at the Walvis Bay of Namibia to meet the increasing cargo volumes and demand for high container capacity and...
- Certifying the User. // Traffic World;6/10/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 23, p28
Focuses on the statistics on total cargo containers entering the U.S. Need for money in the inspection process; Importance of the inspection in preventing terrorism; Use of detection technology in seaports and land crossings.