NTEA bus division seeks public comment
- Centro ridership surges again with rising gas prices. Holmes, William // Business Journal (Central New York);5/12/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the increasing ridership at Centro Bus Lines company's public buses in Syracuse, New York. Amid the rising gas prices, the Centro buses has reported an increase in ridership of about 11 percent for the third consecutive year. However, the increase in revenues from new...
- The Jitney. // New Republic;2/13/15, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p43
Focuses on the increasing use of jitneys in several cities in the U.S. Advantages of jitneys; Cost of the ride; Ability of jitneys to dodge in a congested street; Efficiency of the jitney service because of competition.
- One final ride on a service RM. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on Routemaster (RM) buses, which ended its normal operation in Great Britain on December 9, 2005. Although RM buses ceased its normal service in the country, its rebuilt versions will continue to operate on two heritage tourist services in London, England. RM was the last of...
- Lesbian ads banned so riders won't blush. // Body Politic;Nov80, Issue 68, p17
Focuses on the decision of the transport commission of Wellington, a city in New Zealand, not to sell advertising space on city buses to the Lesbian Centre. Rationale behind the decision; Response of the lesbian group to the decision; Candidacy of gay activist Ian Scott in Auckland, New Zealand.
- London buys cleaner buses. // Professional Engineering;10/19/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p14
Describes the performance, design and construction of the Enviro400 bus model, manufactured by Alexander Dennis. Structural design and dimensions; Suspension development; Powertrain operation; Safety features and appliances; Engine performance and engine type
- GET USED TO IT. Royal, Leslie E.; Sykes, Tanisha // Black Enterprise;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p131
Presents advice on gaining value from certified pre-owned vehicles. Importance of long-term quality issues to vehicle manufacturers; Advantages of purchasing a certified pre-owned vehicle; Amount saved in buying pre-owned vehicles; Background of the 2003 Used Vehicle Sales and Certification...
- Brazil's auto future looks good: 2.9m sales forecast for 2008. Revill, John; de Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the rapid expansion of the Brazilian automotive market in 2007 is expected to continue in 2008. According to Brazilian automakers association Anfavea, the market grew 27.8% to a 2.46 million units, and cars and light commercial vehicles accounted for 2.34 million of the...
- Insight: Marketing - China - Local brands lay claim to China's auto market. Chan, Jenny; Blecken, David // Campaign Asia-Pacific;May2012, p18
The article reports that Chinese marques are increasing their efforts to winning share from foreign rivals. Chinese car brands are striving to claim a bigger share of the mid-range segment. Chinese car brands are stated to be striving to claim a bigger share of the mid-range segment. According...
- Passenger Transport Networking Group. R. H. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p58
The article deals with the outcome of the meeting of the Passenger Transport Networking Group in Hertford, England to attend a discussion about high-quality bus corridors by Giles Fearnley of Blazefield Holdings. The group aimed to change perceptions of bus travels by providing a higher quality...