Hendrickson plans layoffs at Canada plant
- Hendrickson plans layoffs at Canada plant. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2007, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p47
The article reports on the layoff plans of Hendrickson in its plant in Stratford, Ontario. Company officials report that it will be initiating layoffs during the first quarter of 2007. The spokesperson of the company states that the predicted significant decline in the heavy-duty truck market is...
- Treat Layoffs as a Last Resort. Clemmer, Jim // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Explores the long-term impact of layoffs and downsizing on the company. Effect on employee morale and productivity; Concept of dumbsizing; Recommendations to avoid mass layoffs.
- Layoffs bring new risks. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the risks of corporate downsizing in the United States. Strategies in for minimizing potential liability exposure of employers; Criteria for evaluating employee performance; Importance of multi-factored layoff system and compliance with federal and state laws.
- Do's and don't's of downsizing. Pinto, Jim // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Nov2009, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p27
The article offers tips on the alternatives to downsizing and lay offs to prevent devastating long-term results both in the organization and employees.
- Challenger: Sept. Layoffs. Down 44% From Year Ago. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33395, p6
The article reports that the layoffs rate in the U.S. has decreased to 44% in September led by the government and nonprofit sector which fells to 37,151 compared to 34,768 in August.
- Tuesday, Bloody Tuesday. Daniels, Cora // Fortune International (Europe);03/06/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p138
Reports that Tuesday is a common day for companies to announce mass layoffs in the United States. Statistics on mass layoffs during Tuesdays from Challenger Gray & Christmas; Citation on the mass layoffs done by International Business Machines Corp. and AT&T; Identification of Thursday as a...
- The anxiety epidemic. Allen, Robert E. // Newsweek;4/8/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p15
Opinion. Offers commentary from the chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T Corp. on how to ease the pain that goes along with the layoff of employees. Specifics about situations at Chrysler Corp. and AT&T; Downsizing's inevitability in the job market of 1996; The creation of jobs in...
- Don't Make Yourself The Bad Guy. // Successful Supervisor;
The article offers information on the aspects of downsizing employee in an organization and also mentions about importance of keeping the communication lines open with employees and making them understand regarding how things stand during layoffs.
- Job shocks: Resuscitation or suffocation? // Fedgazette;Nov2005, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on how local economies respond to a major decline in employment in Albert Lea and Freeborn County, Minnesota. Job layoffs posed pressure to households and communities. The Albert Lea community recovered well from the job lay offs. In 1998, Freeborn County surpassed...