Freightliner to cut production, workforce
- Freightliner marks 25 years with DaimlerChrysler. // Bulk Transporter;Aug2006, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p38
The article reports that Portland, Oregon-based Freightliner LLC has completed 25 years of its strategic alliance with DaimlerChrysler AG on May 31, 2006. Dieter Zetsche, chairman of the DaimlerChrysler of board management and responsible for the Mercedes Car Group spoke at the event. Truck...
- FREIGHTLINER EXPANDS USED TRUCK PROGRAM. Vise, Avery // Overdrive;Oct2000, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p16
Reports on Freightliner LLC's plan to offer factory-refurbished used trucks through its SelecTrucks affiliate at about 60 percent the price of a new truck. Increase in repossessions due to higher fuel prices and slow freight; Moves that truck manufacturers have to make to create more demand for...
- Freightliner cuts production; acquires Detroit Diesel, Western Star. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p16
Discloses Freightliner's plan to reduce production rates and workforce at its truck and parts manufacturing plants in the United States and Canada. Impetus for the move; Outlook for North American heavy truck sales in 2000; Scheduled implementation of the production adjustment and layoff; Plans...
- Freightliner plans to 'revive' used truck sales. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p14
Reports on Freightliner LLC's plans to increase its used truck sales in the United States. Freightliner's doubling of the size of its SelecTruck dealers network; Target clients; Used truck sales challenges.
- Freightliner adds NC jobs. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p41
Reports that Freightliner LLC has added a third shift and 593 jobs at its Cleveland, North Carolina truck manufacturing plant. Increase in demand; Current number of employees at the plant; Additional workers at the firm's Gastonia, North Carolina plant.
- US trucks bring in European engines. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Apr2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Reports that truck manufacturer Freightliner has decided to specify European-built engines and transmission units as standard to M2, a medium-size truck. Role of the move in the restructuring program of Freightliner; Features of M2.
- Freightliner to build another Mexican plant. // Bulk Transporter;Feb2007, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on a plan of Freightliner LLC to construct a new $300 million truck manufacturing facility in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. The new plant would provide more capacity of trucks to accommodate Freightliner's long-range product planning, including an expected upturn in industry...
- Freightliner to build another Mexican plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Freightliner LLC plans to build a new $300 million truck manufacturing plant in Santillio, Coahuila, in Northern Mexico. The new facility will provide more capacity to accommodate Freightliner's long-range product planning, including an expected upturn in industry demand...
- FREIGHTLINER LLC GOVERNMENT VEHICLES: Leveraging Commercial Truck Technology. // Officer;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p46
Features the heavy duty truck manufacturer Freightliner LLC based in Portland, Oregon. History of the entry of the company into government truck business; Role of the company in manufacturing trucks for the Army; Revitalization projects for old military trucks.