Ambulation 1 Hour After Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization: A Prospective Study of 1009 Procedures
- Local Venous Thrombosis After Cardiac Catheterization. Zahn, Ralf; Fromm, Elke; Thoma, Sylvia; Lotter, Raimond; Zander, Matthias; Wagner, Stefan; Seidi, Karlheinz; Senges, Jochen // Angiology;Jan1997, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p1
Pulmonary embolism is a rare but life-threatening complication of cardiac catheterization. Underlying deep venous thrombosis (DVT) is often not detectable clinically. To determine the true incidence of DVT the authors prospectively studied 450 consecutive patients (29% women, 71% men, mean age:...
- Community Use of the Amplatzer Atrial Septal Defect Occluder: Results of the Multicenter MAGIC Atrial Septal Defect Study. Everett, Allen D.; Jennings, Jacky; Sibinga, Erica; Owada, Carl; Lim, D.; Cheatham, John; Holzer, Ralf; Ringewald, Jeremy; Bandisode, Rani; Ringel, Richard // Pediatric Cardiology;Apr2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p240
The objective of this study was to determine the initial safety and results of unrestricted multi-institution routine community use of the Amplatzer Septal Occluder (ASO) for atrial septal defect (ASD) closure. A multicenter, nonrandomized prospective study was performed in 13 pediatric...
- Complications of Cardiac Catheterization: A Single-Center Study. Batyraliev, Talantbek; Ayalp, M. Resat; Sercelik, Alper; Karben, Zarema; Dinler, Gurkan; Besnili, Fikret; Ozgul, Sami; Igor Perchucov // Angiology;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p75
In Turkey as well as in the whole world, cardiac catheterization is an invasive intervention that is being increasingly used both for diagnosis and treatment. With technological and pharmacologic development and experience, the indications for this intervention are ever increasing. This invasive...
- What is the Clinical Utility of Routine Cardiac Catheterization Before a Fontan Operation? Banka, Puja; McElhinney, Doff B.; Bacha, Emile A.; Mayer Jr., John E.; Gauvreau, Kimberlee; Geva, Tal; Brown, David W. // Pediatric Cardiology;Oct2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p977
Patients with single-ventricle circulation presenting for Fontan completion routinely undergo cardiac catheterization despite ongoing debate concerning its additive value. Increasing interest in noninvasive preoperative evaluation alone led the authors to analyze the utility of routine...
- Catheterization: Use extra caution in patients over age 80. // Geriatrics;Jan94, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p56
Presents new data which suggest that cardiac catheterization is significantly more risky in patients age 80 or older that in the general population. Reasons behind the referral of elderly patients for cardiac catheterization; Statistics; Risk factors.
- Heart care: New doubts about an old test. // U.S. News & World Report;9/30/96, Vol. 121 Issue 13, p23
Reports on the discovery that catheterization may not be a healthy way of testing the heart. The report in a September, 1996 issue of the `Journal of the American Medical Association'; Details of the study.
- Disastrous results following angiography. Palmer, Biff F. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p166
Presents an analysis of a medical case involving a 68-year-old patient who underwent an elective cardiac catherization and the succeeding complications after the surgical procedure. Medical history; Clinical and laboratory findings; Diagnosis of multiple cholesterol embolization syndrome...
- Use of Cardiac Catheterization in Patients Over Age 80. // American Family Physician;4/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p1256
Reports on an article by Clark and Khaja published in the November 15, 1994 issue of `American Journal of Cardiology' evaluating the risks involved in cardiac catheterization in patients over 80 years old.
- Death in a catheterization laboratory. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/3/93, Vol. 270 Issue 17, p2042
Presents an abstract on the current rates of death from diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac catheterization as well as changes in rates from 1977 to 1991. Publication by Brian C. Morton and colleagues in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, volume 149, 1993 issue; Patient profiles;...