- Love the Recirculation Pump. Sweet, Jack // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2009, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p36
An interview with some of the plumbing industry representatives about the popularity of hot water recirculation pumps is presented. Clint Andrews, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) product manager for Grundfos, provides information on hot water recirculation pumps. Curtis...
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // WaterWorld;Oct2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p34
Features waterworks and water-supply engineering products and services. Add-A-Phase phase converter from Ronk; Patterson's Forceline NCS Series non-clog sewage pumps; Ridge Tool's Ridgid SeekTech SR-20 utility line locator; Sigma's Split One Lok pipe restraint products line.
- Installing a raw-Water Washdown. Friedman, Joe // Boating;Jun2004, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p68
Provides tips for installing water pump utilities on motorboats in the U.S. Location of the pump with the waterline as the reference; Placement of the T-fitting into the seacock; Procedure for connecting the hoses into certain fittings.
- How MIP technology makes pumping so much easier. Lambert, Simon // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p15
The article deals with the advantage of the maintain in place (MIP) pump technology in the performance of progressing cavity (PC) pumps in the water system. It notes that PC pumps can have a bearing on how energy and cost efficient a treatment is as well as its quality of discharge, but these...
- Portable pumps produce potable seawater. // Design News;3/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p36
Features the Survivor energy recovery pumps that use reverse osmosis to purify salt water made by Recovery Engineering Inc. Features; Approach use to recover energy; Design of the pumps.
- Key Considerations to help Determine the Optimum NPSH Margin for Centrifugal Pump Applications. Budris, Allan R. // WaterWorld;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
The article offers tips on how to determine the optimum net positive suction head (NPSH) margin for centrifugal pump applications. It discusses several issues about pump cavitation as well as its main causes. A chart is also presented depicting the suction energy reliability factor of...
- Mailbag: Why Is My Water Temp. Rising? Bachus, Larry // Flow Control;Aug2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
The article presents a question and an answer related to pumping machinery. A reader asks why the water temperature rises continuously while operating a newly installed pump for ambient water service. The reader says that the water reaches boiling point within four hours of operation.
- Adding A Manual Galley Foot Pump. Caswell, Chris // Boating World;Apr2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Provides information on the installation of the Whale Tiptoe Pump on boats. Description of the area where the pump should be mounted; Size of tubing the accommodated by the pump; Use of a separate Whale Swing Spout rather than the existing sink.
- Check Valves for Submersible Inslaliations. Pelikan, Robert // National Driller;Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the different types of check valves and offers information on the proper application and installation of check valves in submersible pumps. It describes three kinds of check valves which can be used with submersible pumps including spring-loaded, stem and cage poppet-style....