- Love the Recirculation Pump. Sweet, Jack // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2009, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p36
An interview with some of the plumbing industry representatives about the popularity of hot water recirculation pumps is presented. Clint Andrews, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) product manager for Grundfos, provides information on hot water recirculation pumps. Curtis...
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // WaterWorld;Oct2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p34
Features waterworks and water-supply engineering products and services. Add-A-Phase phase converter from Ronk; Patterson's Forceline NCS Series non-clog sewage pumps; Ridge Tool's Ridgid SeekTech SR-20 utility line locator; Sigma's Split One Lok pipe restraint products line.
- Installing a raw-Water Washdown. Friedman, Joe // Boating;Jun2004, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p68
Provides tips for installing water pump utilities on motorboats in the U.S. Location of the pump with the waterline as the reference; Placement of the T-fitting into the seacock; Procedure for connecting the hoses into certain fittings.
- How MIP technology makes pumping so much easier. Lambert, Simon // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p15
The article deals with the advantage of the maintain in place (MIP) pump technology in the performance of progressing cavity (PC) pumps in the water system. It notes that PC pumps can have a bearing on how energy and cost efficient a treatment is as well as its quality of discharge, but these...
- Portable pumps produce potable seawater. // Design News;3/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p36
Features the Survivor energy recovery pumps that use reverse osmosis to purify salt water made by Recovery Engineering Inc. Features; Approach use to recover energy; Design of the pumps.
- Key Considerations to help Determine the Optimum NPSH Margin for Centrifugal Pump Applications. Budris, Allan R. // WaterWorld;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
The article offers tips on how to determine the optimum net positive suction head (NPSH) margin for centrifugal pump applications. It discusses several issues about pump cavitation as well as its main causes. A chart is also presented depicting the suction energy reliability factor of...
- Hot water recirculation systems. // Plumbing & Mechanical;May2014, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p72
The article reports on several plumbing equipment including Bell & Gossett's ecocirc wireless instant hot water system, Enovative's On-Demand Pump and Grundfos' ultra-efficient ALPHA circulators.
- Installing a Pressure-Water System. Friedman, Joe // Boating;Apr2004, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p66
Adding an automatic pressure-water system is the first step toward civilized living on your boat. even planned ahead for the eventual addition of hot water. Install the pump in an area that's dry and well ventilated. Check to see which side of the pump is the outlet and have this side point away...
- Adding A Manual Galley Foot Pump. Caswell, Chris // Boating World;Apr2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Provides information on the installation of the Whale Tiptoe Pump on boats. Description of the area where the pump should be mounted; Size of tubing the accommodated by the pump; Use of a separate Whale Swing Spout rather than the existing sink.