High - Performance Buildings Through Integrated Design
- HVAC Certificates of Merit. // Energy User News;Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p22
Describes two heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) retrofits in North America that received 1996 Efficient Building Awards HVAC Certificates of Merit. Switch to variable-speed fan control at the Mica Creek Generating Station in Mica Creek, British Columbia; Ventilation upgrades at...
- The Next Big Thing in HVAC? DIXON, CHRIS // Walls & Ceilings;Jul2014, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p66
The article features the emergence of the Variable Refrigerant Flow systems, a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning technology. Topics discussed include the energy savings resulting from its installation, various applications in establishments such as hotels, buildings, and universities,...
- Optimal Model for Overall HVAC System. MA Qing; WU Hao // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p669
According to the problem that the components of HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) system have the strong coupling and the low energy efficiency, a kind of optimal model for HVAC based on system energy input ratio (SEIR) is proposed. Firstly, according to each equipment...
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p10
The article documents the Building Program (BP) for a tenant fit-out at a mall, located outside Washington, which serves as the basis for investing in a heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) design and construction. Information is provided on the HVAC electrical requirements for the...
- Research facility upgrades efficiency with geothermal, modular chillers. // Engineered Systems;Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p15
The article highlights upgrades to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) capacity at Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, California with the installation of a geothermal exchange borehole field, cooling tower and centrifugal chiller. An overview of the institute's...
- Product profiles. // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p84
Features products related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Cambridge Engineering's S-Series space heater; EBTRON, Inc.'s Advantage airflow measurement product; Gearing Solutions' NEMA gearheads; EAML6625 airflow measuring louver; Setra Systems, Inc.'s three-valve manifold.
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/30/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 9, p8
Introduces various heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and supplies recent as of June 30, 2003. Air conditioner condensing units; Hydronic heating systems; Tool buckets.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/26/95, Vol. 195 Issue 9, p50
Features heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes a central air conditioning system from Clare Brothers; `Tool Pak' tool vest from Paktek Inc.; Leak detector from Motors & Armatures Inc.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/31/95, Vol. 195 Issue 14, p28
Presents heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes Vision 3000 water heater-boiler, LE Home Comfort System and HS4A solenoid valve.