Applications & RESOURCES
- Treat Your Boiler Right. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Dec2004, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p20
The article reports that automatic compound feeder from Parker Boiler Co. is designed to offer a controlled, automatic method for more efficiently and economically adding water-treatment chemicals while the boiler is running. It informs that it can provide better and more uniform treatment...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;3/15/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 11, p14
Presents products for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC). Champion ultra heat pump from York UPG; Boiler from Well-McLain; Remote control thermostat from Honeywell. Assessment of the integrity of the duct system.
- Calibration first for precision dosing pump. // Professional Engineering;11/14/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p56
Looks into the calibration properties of a solenoid-driven dosing pump. Inclusion of processors for monitoring requirements; Measurement on the rate of pump; Creation of proportion control function.
- PUMP A PRIMER. Chelette, Garry // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p72
Discusses factors to be considered when selecting condensate transfer and boiler feed equipment. Basic operation of one-pipe steam system; Determination of pumping capacity and required discharge pressure; Design of boiler feed units; Pump control system.
- That Time Again. Sweet, Jack // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2012, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on solar or geothermal technologies, another on wirelessly controlled modulating/condensing boilers operating a perfect system and another on pumps and zone valves.
- `Steam Team' to help industry. // Quality;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the Steam Challenge program by Alliance to Save Energy and the United States Department of Energy (DOE) for the improvement of industrial steam systems. How steams are underestimated by companies; Amount to be saved by the move; Examples of steam-system efficiency opportunities.
- Driving comfort at Park City Transit. Mesenbrink, John // Contractor Magazine;Apr2014, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the installation of hydronic heating and cooling systems at the Park City Transit project, an apartment complex for transit department employees, located in Utah. Topics discussed include installation of Heat Transfer Products' (HTP) Elite high efficiency Btuh dual...
- RADIAN PRODUCT ROUNDUP. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2015, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p28
The article reviews products from the plumbing and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industries, including the PEX compression adapter from Aquatherm, ecocirc XL high-efficiency large wet rotor circulator pump from Bell & Gossett, and Heatronic 4000 commercial boiler control from...
- Challenges of torque and temperature sensing. Johnson, Jack L. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p18
Discusses the millenium pump, a hypothetical hydraulic pump containing full instrumentation and actuation for closed-loop computer control. Problems in torque sensing methods adopted in the pump; Methods used for sensing fluid temperature in the pump; Discussion about thermocouples formed...