UVC Energy: How Does It Work?
- UV emerges as the Disinfectant of Choice for Many Utilities. Hunter, Gary L. // WaterWorld;Mar2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the use of ultraviolet light in wastewater facilities. Advancements in the use of ultraviolet in the wastewater industry; Efficiency of iron in challenging the effectiveness of any disinfection system; Impact of iron on ultraviolet performance.
- UV nixes CI. Roesner, Mark; Srikanth, Bakthisaran // Beverage World;07/15/2000, Vol. 119 Issue 1692, p54
Presents information on the use of ultraviolet (UV) technology for water treatment and chlorine removal. Advantages of the technique; Features of a UV unit; Details on the use of a UV disinfection system; Information on a study which analyzed the mechanics of the technique.
- The combined performance of UV light and chlorine during reclaimed water disinfection. Montemayor, M.; Costan, A.; Lucena, F.; Jofre, J.; Muñoz, J.; Dalmau, E.; Mujeriego, R.; Sala, L. // Water Science & Technology;2008, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p935
The combined effects of disinfectant agents on the microbiological quality of reclaimed water produced by two full-scale water reclamation plants in Catalonia, Spain, were examined in this work. All the disinfectant treatments tested led to the absence, or near absence, of E. coli in 100mL...
- Ray of LIGHT. Schaefer, Tom // Parks & Recreation;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the use of industrial ultraviolet (UV) technology for controlling the problems of chlorine at indoor commercial pools. UV light energy proactively and continuously reduces chloramines in the water being filtered. It should be noted that chlorine will still be used as a...
- Tapping into UV. // Beverage World;6/15/2007, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p98
The article reports that Danish brewery Bryggeriet Vestfyen has added an ultraviolet (UV) disinfection to treat incoming city water. It used a Wallace E Tiernan brand Barrier UV disinfection system that treats process water with a low-pressure, high-output UV lamp. According to the author, the...
- Improving Efficiency of Disinfection of Water for Non-contact UV System. Mesdaghinia, A. R.; Vaezi, F.; Dehghanifard, E.; Mahvi, A. H.; Naddafi, K.; Alimohammadi, M. // Iranian Journal of Public Health;2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1
Background: The goal was to upgrade and/or uprate the traditional non-contact array by producing few modifications in the configuration of this model in order to maximize light receiving of water from the UV lamp and a better disinfection. Methods: An innovative non-contact model was made with a...
- Stirring up safe water. // Popular Mechanics;Feb99, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on water treatments. Disadvantage of chemical treatments; Effect of stirring a glass of water with Steri-Pen, a disinfectant from Hydro-Photon company; Product packaging; How Steri-Pen works.
- THM, haloacetic acids and other organic DBPs formation in disinfection of bromide rich Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret) water. L Heller-Grossman; J Manka; B Limoni-Relis; M Rebhun // Water Science & Technology: Water Supply;2001, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p259
Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) is the main freshwater body in Israel and is the water source for the National Water Carrier (NWC). The lake water has a uniquely high bromide content 1.9 mg/L which affects DBPs (disinfection by-products) formation. Controlled experiments using different...
- DBP reduction using mixed oxidants generated on site. Hamm, Beth // Journal: American Water Works Association;Nov2002, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p49
Examines the use of mixed oxidants in the process of water disinfection. Components of mixed oxidants; Comparison of mixed oxidants with chlorine; Conclusions.