Exposed Self-Sealing Spiral Duct Enhances Look of Renovated Tobacco Facilities
- Vacant theater to get face-lift. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;2/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
This article reports that Detroit's long-vacant National Theatre at 118 Monroe Saint downtown is scheduled to get a face-lift this spring. Detroit-based Phoenix Development Group LLC, owner of the 96-year-old Albert Kahn-designed theater, plans $347,000 worth of clean-up and preservation work,...
- REMEMBERING THE RENOVATORS. // New Orleans Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the gratitude expressed by the author on the renovations done to the house purchased by him from a couple called Silvers. Maintenance of the home and aesthetics by the couple; Common practice of renovating homes prior to selling observed by the people in Coliseum Square area in New...
- Couch Dreams. Clark, Edie // Yankee;Sep2001, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p136
Relates the pleasure experience by the author during the renovation of his house. Description of the house; Citation of the atmosphere; Purchase of a couch.
- `Christmas' is coming, and the repair crews are ready. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on the Christmas in October home renovation program, a division of the Preservation Resource Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Schedule for the repair program; Who the program is geared towards; Average annual income of homeowners who received assistance in 1995; Statistics on...
- PUTTING DAVIS HOUSE IN ORDER. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p23
Presents information on the Davis House, the two-story Queen Anne-style dwelling, located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Restoration of the home; Historical background of the house; Comment from Dorothy Cowser Yancy, president of Johnson C. Smith University.
- restoring old glory. Simpson, Jill Kirchner; Duisterhof, Miki // Country Living;Jul2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p90
Several photographs of a renovated house in Connecticut are presented.
- TURN FOR THE BETTER. Warren, Bonnie // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p36
The article presents information on modifications made to a house in New Orleans, Louisiana, that is owned by Claire Howson and Robert Howson. A cheerful sunroom and an anticipated larger dining room were the first remodeling assignments. Both rooms were neatly joined to the original back porch,...
- backtracking. Kolle, Jefferson; Slattery, Tim // This Old House;Sep2001, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p94
Focuses on the project of 'This Old House,' involving the renovation of a Manchester, Massachusetts seaside house belonging to David and Janet McCue. History related to the house; Architect Stephen Holt's connection with the house; Proposed remodel plan of the house; Approximate time to be...
- intelligent extensions. // Houses;2007, Issue 57, p57
The article focuses on several projects designed to renovate old houses in the inner-city suburbs of Australia.