Risk of death associated with the use of conventional versus atypical antipsychotic drugs among elderly patients
- Changing the technology of assessing the elderly: The example of the R.A.I. Fries, Brant E. // Generations;Spring97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p59
Discusses how to design an instrument to provide accurate and reproducible data in assessing the elderly. Focus on the National Resident Assessment Instrument for nursing homes; Ways to improve an assessment process; Components of computerized assessment systems.
- Guidelines for improving assessment skills. King, Colleen // Generations;Spring97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p73
Presents guidelines in assessing the needs of older people. Necessity of spending time to develop rapport with the client; Need to avoid bias and difficult situations; Key to the successful comprehensive assessment of a client; Use of the comprehensive assessment interview as a valuable tool in...
- Cross-cultural geriatric ethics: Negotiating our differences. Moody, Harry R. // Generations;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
Determines the differences of solutions to ethical problems in geriatric care in a cross-cultural perspective. Commonalities among ethnic groups regarding aging; Cultural differences in elderly care; Historical background on the geriatric health profession.
- Intermediate care-a good thing? Steiner, Andrea // Age & Ageing;Aug2001 Supplement 2, Vol. 30, p33
Provides information on a study which proposed the development of intermediate care concept in Great Britain for older adults. Overview of the concept of intermediate care; Models; Methodology; Implications, opportunities and challenges of the intermediate care concept.
- Editorial. Iphofen, Ron // Quality in Ageing;Dec2004, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p2
Introduces a series of articles about the care of older people.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p264
Presents an abstract of the study `Geriatric Care Management: Outcome of a Managed Care Model and Future Implications,' conducted by W.J. Simmons, N. Gibbs, S.M. Enguidanos and D.A. Cherin.
- Geriatric medicine. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/17/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6336, p181
Focuses on geriatric medicine. Components of aged care; Common ailments among the aged; Significance of holistic care in geriatric medicine.
- N.J. needs to prepare for 'silver tsunami' with memory care. Muñiz, Roberto // njbiz;10/1/2012, p13
In the article, the author discusses the need by the state of New Jersey to prepare for the expected influx of people who will require extensive memory care services or those Americans who will be more than 65 years old in the near future.
- Elder fare. Somasundaram, Meera // Crain's Chicago Business;11/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p13
Focuses on the growth of companies offering services to elders in the United States. Factors contributing to the rise of geriatric services; Investment in firms serving the elderly market; Types of geriatric services.