SAVING INCENTIVES FOR LOW- AND MIDDLE-INCOME FAMILIES: EVIDENCE FROM A FIELD EXPERIMENT WITH H&R BLOCK
- Note From The Editor. Lipp, Susan R. // Trusts & Estates;Jun2015, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses several reports published within the issue on topics including strategies to maximize income and estate tax savings, estates and trusts planning, and ways for adding beneficiary in a individual retirement account.
- Investor Recompense. Williamson, Lauren // InsideCounsel;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 218, p14
The article reports on the settlement announced by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo with the tax preparer H&R Block on January 4, 2010 over the money-losing individual retirement accounts (IRAs) it sold and marketed to consumers.
- The 2010 Roth Revolution. Carl, John // CPA Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p52
The article provides information on the conversion of assets to Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) in the U.S. in 2010. It is said that individuals, who would complete the conversion between January 1 and December 31, may choose to distribute the taxable fee of conversions over 2011 and...
- All Mixed Up. Slott, Ed // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p94
Presents information on a tax planning guide for advising clients who have made either after-tax contributions to their company plans or nondeductible contributions to their personal individual retirement accounts (IRA). Problem with rolling after-tax money into an IRA; Application of the pro...
- Converting a traditional IRA annuity to a Roth IRA. Rywick, Bob // Accounting Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p16
Offers ideas on converting a traditional individual retirement account (IRA) to a Roth IRA. Examples of annuity contracts that suppresses the amount of income that must be recognized upon conversion; Fair market value of an annuity when a traditional IRA is converted to a Roth IRA;...
- H&R Block Introduces Express IRA to Tax Clients. // Insurance Advocate;01/13/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the launching of Express IRA, a tax-saving service developed by the company H&R Block. Services offered by the company; Clients that can avail of the service.
- Section 79 Plans--Benefits beyond Permanent Life Insurance Needs. Rubin, Henry T. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2014, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p85
One of the jobs of the accountant, attorney, and financial planner is to help clients implement strategies to reduce their tax liabilities while still meeting their lifetime financial goals and protecting their heirs. The challenge to completing these strategies is the intrusion of income...
- Roth IRAs Revisited. Curatola, Anthony P. // Strategic Finance;Dec2000, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p18
This article explains the features of Roth individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the United States. The author offers several strategies to convert amounts in an IRA and explains the modified adjusted gross income taxpayers need to satisfy before making adjustments. He also provides details of...
- Week In Review. // Money Management Executive;1/11/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article offers updates related to the global investment industry. Emerging market funds from Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) were the top performers in 2009. Morningstar Inc. announced its Fund Managers of 2009 including Bruce Berkowits, the American Funds Europacific Growth Fund team...