Our sons under siege
- Sisters of Limesaddle Commune. // Lesbian Tide;Jan/Feb77, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the lawsuit filed by five women of Limesaddle Commune in Los Angeles, California , who were allegedly assaulted by police of Orville.
- Nairobi: Riot police beat women in Uhuru Park. // Women's International Network News;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p54
Cites a March 4, 1992 `Daily Nation' article on the abuse and brutality suffered by a group of hunger-striking women at the hands of riot police in Uhuru Park, Kenya. Women's demand for the release of political prisoners; Hospitalization of the some women who were beaten; Incidents of human...
- Beating cover-up alleged. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Oct2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
Reports that representatives of 13 Native organizations in Toronto, Ontario held a conference in September 2002 to call attention to allegations of policy brutality against a Native man Ramsey Whitefish. Assault complaint filed by Whitefish against the police officers; Subsequent police...
- Vice beat gay Chicano, HELP may sue police. // Advocate;7/5/72, Issue 89, p12
Reports on the alleged beating of Jose Garcia by members of the Los Angeles, California police department. Witness' account of the incident.
- NY Protester Sues for Police Brutality. // Advocate;4/17/80, Issue 290, p9
Reports on a federal suit filed by the gay activist Steve Askinazy against local police on the charges of physical assault by the police during a demonstration in New York as of April 17, 1980.
- There must be justice for all or there is justice for none. // New York Amsterdam News;
Reports on the acquittal of three of the four remaining New York City police officers accused of assaulting a Tahitian immigrant in their custody. Obstruction justice charges related to the trial.
- Reginald Bannerman case finally gets to court. Brooks, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;09/09/99, Vol. 90 Issue 37, p4
Reports that trial has begun in the New York State Supreme Court for the four off-duty New York City Police Department detectives accused of assaulting Reginald Bannerman. Allegation that Bannerman was assaulted shortly before he was fatally struck by an oncoming train at a Brooklyn subway...
- Letters and Feedback. Jazzeeree; Kourahanis, Pete; Too, Anonymous; Davis, Mark A.; Elliott, Richard // Philadelphia Gay News;7/6/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p11
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in the June 29-July 5, 2012 issue including "Jury awards 165K dollar in police sex assault case," "LBJ equals Vietnam; Reagan equals"; and "Gay man murdered in South Philly."
- The Reality: Crime TV Will Continue. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p16
The article reports on the misleading defense by the police on blaming the media for the officer's fault during the time of assault in the U.S. It cites the case of the death of a 7-year-old girl in Detroit who was hit by stray bullet from police officers during a police raid in which the police...