'Barking' Up Right IP Video Tree
- Security shutters deemed no security risk. // Planning (14672073);8/21/2009, Issue 1832, p22
The article reports on the removal of the three security shutters in Blackpool, England areas after the inspector ended that those will not affect the security of the premises. The inspector comments that shutters will not threaten the pedestrians to stay away from the area and the retail...
- Privacy Guidelines for Responsible Security Technology. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the release of the Security Industry Association's (SIA) 12-item Privacy Framework guideline to ensure privacy while using security devices in the U.S.
- Buzz Words and Emerging Tech. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p82
The article focuses on the author's view about the emergence of technological innovations in the security industry. He noted that despite the advancement of security surveillance systems these are often plagued by reliability problems. The author suggested that mesh networking is a way to route...
- A checklist for jumping from analog to IP surveillance. WILSON, MARK S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p11
The article presents guidelines in the transition from analog to Internet protocol (IP) surveillance. It mentions the need for security professionals to consider five major system areas for the transition which include cameras, transmission and cabling, and storage and retrieval. It notes that...
- A Timely Tradeoff. DAY, C. WILLIAM // American School & University;Dec2007, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses several benefits of using Internet protocol (IP) camera systems to improve security in schools. According to the article, the use of IP camera eliminates the need for digital video recorders (DVR) and provide a district or campus-wide solution for camera systems. Also, IP...
- Security Innovations in 2012. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2012, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p24
The article offers brief information on several security systems including intercom station from Zenitel AS, AVATARÂ® II tactical robot, and AXIS M50 cameras.
- Industry Innovations. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2013, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p47
The article offers brief information on several equipment for security management including the mini dome camera monitor from Check Video, the weatherized system from Detex Corp., and the PTZ cameras from VideoAlarm Inc.
- Products. // Government Security;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p38
Features several security products. Fiber optic high security zone; Voice communication; Waterwall blast suppression.
- Just Pixels, But A Lot More. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p48
The article discusses the importance for corporate security officers (CSOs) to examine the right resolution for high-definition (HD) cameras. Jerry Garland, chief security officer for Magellan Health Services suggests the need for security leaders and CSOs to choose the right security camera...