Think Beyond the Laptop 'Box'
- People and Processes Outweigh Technology in Effective Government Information Security. // International Journal of Micrographics & Optical Technology;2007, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p7
The article provides information on the 2006 Global Information Security Workforce Study, conducted by analyst firm IDC. The report states that the U.S. government's efforts to improve its overall security position through compliance with stringent information security mandates is increasing the...
- THE GREAT PRIORITY PUZZLE. Samani, Raj // Computer Weekly;4/15/2008, p24
The article presents the author's views on information security. The author thinks that compliance, security and operability are interlinked risk objectives for an organisation. According to the author, more regulation and greater reliance on internet will drive security demand. It is stated...
- InfraGard. // Network Dictionary;2007, p244
A definition of the term "InfraGard" is presented. It refers to a cooperative effort for protecting critical information security infrastructures in the U.S.
- Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol. // Network Dictionary;2007, p255
An encyclopedia entry on "Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol" (ISAKMP) is presented. It is a key protocol in the IPsec architecture. It also combines the security concepts of authentication, key management and security associations to establish the required security for...
- Scanning. // Network Dictionary;2007, p425
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Scanning" is presented. It refers to a method of determining which ports are listening on a target system or network to collect the associated port banners found as each port is scanned. In this method, each port banner is compared against a table of rules to...
- Trusted Process. // Network Dictionary;2007, p498
A definition of the term "Trusted Process" is presented. This refers to a system process with certain privileges that enable it to affect the state of system security and that can, therefore, violate the system's security policy.
- User-Level Security. // Network Dictionary;2007, p508
A definition of the term "user-level security" is presented. It refers to protecting shared resources using computer user authentication.
- Development of Security System for Operating Secure FMC. DaeHee Seo; Jang-Mi Beak; Byung-Mo Kang; ByungGil Lee; In-Sik Hong // Journal of Security Engineering;Jun2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p261
According to the recent increase in data services, knowledge, emotion, entertainment, convenience and variety of experience to deliver value to customers is changing. To meet these needs, the network has become increasingly intelligent and integrated. The communications environment according to...
- Image Based Authentication Using Steganography Technique. Sonker, Satish Kumar; Kumar, Sanjeev; Kumar, Amit; Singh, Pragya // International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science;May/Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p277
In the world of Information Security we are generally using Traditional (Text based) or multi factor Authentication Approach. Through which we are facing a lot of problems and it's also less secure too. In these types conventional method attacks like brute-force attack, Dictionary Attack etc.,...