What Are They Wearing?
- To security officials, Chabad attack underscores importance of preparedness. Kampeas, Ron // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/9/2014, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The stabbing of a rabbinical student at Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters in New York underscores three things that Jewish security officials have been urging in recent years: Be alert for copycats, cooperate with law enforcement and don't stay away from shul.
- Patch Call. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan2004, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p34
Describes uniform patches of law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Photographs of the patch of the Department of Public Safety in Unalaska, Alaska and the Mississippi Highway Patrol; Design of the patches.
- Blue Monday All Week Long? // Grand Saline Sun (TX);9/24/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 38, p4
The author looks at several issues concerning law enforcement such as deliberation on whether law enforcement personnel should dress in uniforms for their daily shifts.
- NAUMD's 2004 Best Dressed Law Enforcement Department competition awards 5 winning plaques. // Modern Uniforms;Oc/Nov2004, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Reports on awards presented by the National Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors for the 2004 Best Dressed Law Enforcement competition in the United States. List of the top national winners; Recipients of the outstanding achievement awards.
- GETTING IT TOGETHER. Palermo, Tony // Blue Line Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p10
The article offers information about buying police uniforms in Canada. It features Ontario's Police Cooperative Purchasing Group, an independent consortium of Ontario police services with an aim to share equipment as well as procure information and harness the negotiating power of buying...
- Critical Decision Making Under Pressure. LELAND, FRED // Homeland Security Review;Winter2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p43
The author focuses on the critical decision making ability of law enforcement and security personnel under pressure. He states that lack of information or lack of time to process information may present difficulties for the decision making processes of these personnel. The failure of leaders in...
- Law and order. Lymberopoulos, Jessica // NextStepU;Sep/Oct2011, Issue 3, p36
The article addresses law enforcement education and career opportunities for college students in the U.S. Most criminal law students end up in law enforcement jobs like security guards and police officers, although they can also seek career opportunities as criminal defense lawyers and data...
- TABLETOP LEARNING. Collins, Chris // Blue Line Magazine;Mar2015, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p24
The article provides information on a tabletop learning exercise which involves prevention of theft/sabotage at a high security site which serves as an opportunity for full participation and cognitive processing for law enforcement personnel. Topics include formats to delivering tabletop...
- New Executive, New Perspective. Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2016, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p26
The article offers suggestions on improving the role and responsibilities of a chief security officer (CSO) of an organization. Recommendations include reaching out with law enforcement officers for partnerships, familiarizing one's internal security team and developing a strategic security...