My Turn: Officers in Retail, Malls Face Unique Duty
- General Growth's Hawaiian Punch. Moana, Ala // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the redevelopment of Ala Moana shopping center by General Growth Properties Inc. in Honolulu, Hawaii. Increase in the annual sales; Expansion of the vertical space for small shops; Rental price.
- L.A.-Area Lifestyle Center Squeaks by in Referendum. Tyree, Michelle Dalton // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 59, p5
Reports on the approval of a referendum for zoning changes that permit construction of the lifestyle center dubbed The Americana at Brand by voters in Glendale, California in 2004. Ordinances reaffirmed by the referendum; Opposition of the Glendale Galleria, owned by General Growth Properties,...
- Texas-Size Big. // Chain Store Age;Mar2000, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p203
Reports on the construction of the shopping center, Stonebriar Centre, in Frisco, suburb of Dallas, Texas, by General Growth Properties of Chicago. Features of the center.
- Growing season. // Chain Store Age;Sep98, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p159
Examines the popularity of General Growth Properties' Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville, Iowa. Opening of the mall 100-percent leased; Retail trends in the area; Signing of Sears, Younkers, J.C. Penney, Target and Dillard as major tenants; Offer of a subsidized day-care facility for mall...
- General Growth announces opening of two new malls. Heath, Tracy // National Real Estate Investor;Nov97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the opening of General Growth Properties Inc.'s Brass Mill Mall and Brass Mill Commons shopping centers in Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Improving the Safety at Our Nation's Shopping Malls. Ricci, Joseph // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2008, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p112
The article discusses the significance of public safety on shopping malls in the U.S. According to the International Council of Shopping Centers Inc., approximately 190 million people visit shopping malls every month which indicates the need to tighten public security. A 2006 study revealed that...
- General Growth delivers wealth of retail. Warren, Melissa // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/19/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the active development of premier shopping centers by General Growth Properties in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company is proceeding with development of The Shops at Summerlin Centre and High Street at Echelon in 2008. By year-end 2010, the company's portfolio in the city is...
- Growing green: General Growth recycles success. Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;May96, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p14
States that Chicago-based General Growth Properties Incorporated has grown to the nation's largest owner/operator of malls and shopping centers. Comments from senior vice president of Asset Management, Randy Richardson; Examination of recycling shopping centers; Encouragement of tenants to...
- THE COMMON AREA. // SCTWeek;12/23/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p2
The article offers news briefs related to shopping center that includes Ikea is set to acquire a property in Beijing, China a shopper bought duty-free goods of worth 374,000 dollars at the Abu Dhabi Airport, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and General Growth Properties board has approved the Rouse...