Outpatient liver biopsy: a prospective evaluation of 500 cases
- Evidence-based interpretation of liver biopsies. Crawford, James M // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Apr2006, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p326
â€˜Evidence based medicineâ€™ is a paradigm introduced in the 1990s in which collection of clinical data in a reproducible and unbiased way is intended to guide clinical decision-making. This paradigm has been promulgated across the spectrum of medicine, but with more limited critical...
- Improved tissue sections for medical liver biopsies: a comparison of 16 vs 18 g biopsy needles using digital pathology. Palmer, Timothy; Georgiades, Izabela; Treanor, Darren; Wright, Alexander; Shah, Mushtaq; Khosla, Randeep; Wyatt, Judith I. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;May2014, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p415
Background Most medical liver biopsies in the UK are now taken in radiology departments using 18 g biopsy needles. Subjectively, the resulting biopsies are narrow and fragile. Aim To compare the quality of liver biopsy tissue sections obtained from 16 and 18 g biopsy needles. Method Fifty...
- Incidence of Arterial Injuries Detected by Arteriography Following Percutaneous Right-Lobe Ultrasound-Guided Core Liver Biopsies in Human Subjects. Saad, Wael E. A.; Davies, Mark G.; Ryan, Charlotte K.; Rubens, Deborah J.; Patel, Nikhil C.; Lee, David E.; Sahler, Lawrence G.; Waldman, David L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2006, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p2641
PURPOSE: To determine the incidence and significance of arterial injuries detected by angiography subsequent to ultrasound-guided random core liver biopsies in normal healthy adults. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Retrospective analysis of 55 potential living related liver donors who underwent an...
- THE VALUE OF BIOPSY OF THE LIVER. Christian, Edward R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1956, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p253
Assesses the medical value and significance of the biopsy of the liver in determining various diseases of the liver. Assessment of the various methods in liver biopsy; Diagnosis of various liver diseases; Indications of biopsies; Details of various cases of liver diseases.
- Postoperative Surgicel mimicking abscesses following cholecystectomy and liver biopsy. Alicia Arnold; Aaron Sodickson // Emergency Radiology;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p183
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â In postoperative patients presenting with abdominal pain or fever, a computed tomography (CT) finding of gas in the operative site raises concern for abscess but can be mimicked by the normal postoperative appearance of oxidized regenerated cellulose (Surgicel)....
- The Liver in Typhoid Fever. Ayhan, Aksel; Gokoz, Aytac; Karacadag, Sukran; Telatar, Hasan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1973, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p141
Presents a study which examined the liver in cases of typhoid fever seen at Hacettepe University Medical Center between 1969 and 1971. Liver function tests; Changes in first liver biopsy; Results of liver biopsy.
- BIOPSY, LIVER // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p229
Liver biopsy is the excision of a tissue sample from the liver for microscopic analysis to determine cell morphology and the presence of tissue abnormalities. This test is used to assist in confirming a diagnosis of cancer or certain disorders of the hepatic parenchyma. Biopsy specimen is...
- liver biopsy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p471
An encyclopedia entry for "liver biopsy" is presented. It refers to a diagnostic test performed in order to help determine liver diseases. Under the procedure, the patient will be administered with local anaesthesia before obtaining a small sample of tissue from his liver.
- Percutaneous or Laparoscopic Needle Biopsy in the Evaluation of Chronic Liver Disease? Picciotto, Antonino; Ciravegna, Giorgio; Lapertosa, Gabriella // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1984, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p567
Liver biopsies were performed on 60 patients by means of percutaneous needle biopsy, and immediately after that procedure, during laparoscopy from the right and left liver lobes. The histological diagnoses obtained by examining the percutaneous biopsies were found to overlap with the final one...