Outpatient liver biopsy: a prospective evaluation of 500 cases
- Evidence-based interpretation of liver biopsies. Crawford, James M // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Apr2006, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p326
â€˜Evidence based medicineâ€™ is a paradigm introduced in the 1990s in which collection of clinical data in a reproducible and unbiased way is intended to guide clinical decision-making. This paradigm has been promulgated across the spectrum of medicine, but with more limited critical...
- Improved tissue sections for medical liver biopsies: a comparison of 16 vs 18 g biopsy needles using digital pathology. Palmer, Timothy; Georgiades, Izabela; Treanor, Darren; Wright, Alexander; Shah, Mushtaq; Khosla, Randeep; Wyatt, Judith I. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;May2014, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p415
Background Most medical liver biopsies in the UK are now taken in radiology departments using 18 g biopsy needles. Subjectively, the resulting biopsies are narrow and fragile. Aim To compare the quality of liver biopsy tissue sections obtained from 16 and 18 g biopsy needles. Method Fifty...
- Incidence of Arterial Injuries Detected by Arteriography Following Percutaneous Right-Lobe Ultrasound-Guided Core Liver Biopsies in Human Subjects. Saad, Wael E. A.; Davies, Mark G.; Ryan, Charlotte K.; Rubens, Deborah J.; Patel, Nikhil C.; Lee, David E.; Sahler, Lawrence G.; Waldman, David L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2006, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p2641
PURPOSE: To determine the incidence and significance of arterial injuries detected by angiography subsequent to ultrasound-guided random core liver biopsies in normal healthy adults. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Retrospective analysis of 55 potential living related liver donors who underwent an...
- THE VALUE OF BIOPSY OF THE LIVER. Christian, Edward R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1956, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p253
Assesses the medical value and significance of the biopsy of the liver in determining various diseases of the liver. Assessment of the various methods in liver biopsy; Diagnosis of various liver diseases; Indications of biopsies; Details of various cases of liver diseases.
- Postoperative Surgicel mimicking abscesses following cholecystectomy and liver biopsy. Alicia Arnold; Aaron Sodickson // Emergency Radiology;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p183
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â In postoperative patients presenting with abdominal pain or fever, a computed tomography (CT) finding of gas in the operative site raises concern for abscess but can be mimicked by the normal postoperative appearance of oxidized regenerated cellulose (Surgicel)....
- The Liver in Typhoid Fever. Ayhan, Aksel; Gokoz, Aytac; Karacadag, Sukran; Telatar, Hasan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1973, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p141
Presents a study which examined the liver in cases of typhoid fever seen at Hacettepe University Medical Center between 1969 and 1971. Liver function tests; Changes in first liver biopsy; Results of liver biopsy.
- BIOPSY, LIVER // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p229
Liver biopsy is the excision of a tissue sample from the liver for microscopic analysis to determine cell morphology and the presence of tissue abnormalities. This test is used to assist in confirming a diagnosis of cancer or certain disorders of the hepatic parenchyma. Biopsy specimen is...
- liver biopsy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p471
An encyclopedia entry for "liver biopsy" is presented. It refers to a diagnostic test performed in order to help determine liver diseases. Under the procedure, the patient will be administered with local anaesthesia before obtaining a small sample of tissue from his liver.
- The diagnostic value of liver biopsy. Spycher, Claudia; Zimmermann, Arthur; Reichen, Juerg // BMC Gastroenterology;2001, Vol. 1, p12
Background: Since the introduction of molecular diagnostic tools such as markers for hepatitis C and different autoimmune diseases, liver biopsy is thought to be useful mainly for staging but not for diagnostic purposes. The aim was to review the liver biopsies for 5 years after introduction of...