Ski-Area Distress May Spark M&A
- VERMONT Alpine Resorts. // Ski;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 69, p54
Provides information on several winter and ski resorts located in Vermont.
- Striking It Rich at Snowbird. Johnson, William // Sports Illustrated;11/20/1972, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p65
The article focuses on the ski resort industry in the U.S. as of November 1972. It states that a large number exists in the country, developed on sites with beautiful scenery and offering pretty much the same services and amenities. Few are cheap, and the landscape available reportedly have an...
- Alpin Royal. // Premier Hotels & Resorts;Winter/Spring2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p267
The article features the Alpin Royal, a luxury resort that provides world-class skiing, winter and summer sports, and luxurious spa and salon located in the region of South Tyrol, Italy. It includes information on accommodations, rates, as well as luxury services, room amenities, and contact...
- Resort Real Estate: Does Supply Prevent Appreciation ? Wheaton, William C. // Journal of Real Estate Research;Jan-Mar2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
This paper examines the behavior of ski resort property in a major New England market over the last 25 years. A constructed property price series reveals that nominal prices are quite volatile and only slightly higher today than in 1980. These fluctuations and trends are investigated with a time...
- GREEN LIGHT IN THE GREEN MOUNTAINS. Hewitt, Ben // Skiing;Oct2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p4E
Reports on the continuation of the expansion of the Stowe ski resort in Vermont. Information on the Vermont Act 250 land-regulatory permit acquired by the resort; Details of the expansion plan.
- Big Sky, Big Space. FOLMER, FRED // Travel Agent;8/29/2005, Vol. 322 Issue 6, p47
Features the Big Sky ski resort in Montana. Brainchild of NBC newscasting legend Chet Huntley; Resort now owned by Michigan-based Boyne USA; Expansion; Addition of luxury accommodations, high-speed lifts and varied terrain; Main clientele of the resort. INSET: Base Area Enhancements.
- Shut Up, and Ski. Kuntz, Laurie; Roedemeier, Bret; Tuttle, Brad // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel;Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p56
The article presents information on the top old-school ski resorts in the U.S. as of February 2006. The description of Powder Mountain in Utah is provided. A list of other recreational establishments at Burke in Vermont is included. The facilities of hotels in Wolf Creek, Colorado are featured.
- Top 50 Ski Hotels. // Conde Nast Traveler;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p132
The article ranks the top 50 ski hotels in North America in terms of location, rooms, service, dining/food, facilities and rates. The Four Seasons Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming is number one on the list with an overall score of 96.7. It is followed by Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch in Beaver...
- The Top Ski Hotel. // Conde Nast Traveler;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p132
The article features the Four Seasons Resort, a ski in/ski out property in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The resort's standard rooms measure 500 square feet. Several developments at the resort include The Peak restaurant's slopeside hot dog cart. It offers full or half days of skiing with Olympic...