What's In Store
- Training Tech. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p26
The article provides information on the technology behind performance sporting goods and swimwear. The winter sports inventory for many companies has been late selling off the retail floor. David Miller, Tyr's vice president of sales, comments on performance swimwear and gear. Various training...
- TYR Nest Pro. // Wired;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p61
The article evaluates the Nest Pro goggle from TYR.
- UPDATE. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p30A
Reports on the business performance of Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic store, Athletic Annex as of September 2005. Sales results; Competition.
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- RETAIL TOP 100. // SGB;Jul2005, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p44
Presents a correction to the Retail Top 100 sporting goods industry.
- Warm October Impacts Outdoor Product Sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the impact of the warm-weather patterns in October on the retail sales of outdoor sports and recreation industry in the U.S. According to the Leisure Trends Group (LTG), the month's warmer temperature resulted to the increase of sales in running and paddlesports, along...
- Squeezing the Market. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the market popularity of compression apparel category in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Overview of compression technologies; Competition among compression apparel retailers in the country; Marketing advice to sports apparel retailers.
- Updated Insights into Participation/Purchase Trends, Demographics and Cross Participation Now Available. Rigitano, Nick // NSGA Now;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses the 2015 editions of the report "Sports Participation and Sporting Goods Market" by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA). Highlights include sports participation in the U.S., consumer-reported retail sales of sporting goods apparel, equipment and athletic...
- Dick's Names Head Merchant. Manto, Gwen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 119, p12
The article announces the appointment of Gwen Manto as executive vice president and chief merchandising officer at athletic retailer Dick's Sporting Goods. Manto, who joined Sears in 2004, is credited with building the company's exclusive labels, including Parallel. Manto will oversee all...