Skate Meets Street
- Have it Your Way. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the mass customization trend in the sporting goods industry. Information on the book "Mass Customization: The New Frontier in Business Competition," by Joseph Pine; Role of customization in Vans' footwear history; Details of custom manufacturing methods established by Timbuk2 and...
- ASR on Deck. // DNR: Daily News Record;9/3/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p16
The article previews fashion trends that are expected for the spring of 2008 in the sportswear category. Some of the trends expected include slim skate silhouettes, updated with flashy colors and retro designs. Several photographs are presented of various clothing brands spring 2008 collections,...
- ATHLETIC: BUZZ. // FN: Footwear News;1/29/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p119
The article evaluates several sports and casual footwear including the Gel-Assist and Gel-Cardio from Asics, the Hanna and the Trinity KFS II from Reebok and the aloha-print sneakers from Vans.
- COLLABORATIONS. // Ralph;Mar2005, p114
Presents several rubber shoes designed by celebrities. SnoopaDoopa Hi from Pony, designed by Snoop Dogg; O.C. Mid from Globe, designed by Mark Occhilupo; Rowley XL2 from Vans, designed by Geoff Rowley.
- A Rolling Start. Santlofer, Doria // New York;7/23/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p46
This article presents evaluations of several products related to skateboarding. One of the products mentioned are the Half-Cab sneakers made by Vans. Another product are the skateboard trucks made by Independent. Another product mentioned are skateboard wheels made by Spitfire. INSET: For...
- INSIDER. Russak, Brian // FN: Footwear News;4/11/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 15, p6
Presents an update on the footwear industry in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Information on the partnership between Vans and Trovata; Highlights of the Pedestrian Shops' 17th annual Earth Day Shoe Drive; Description of the shoes bought by New York Senator Hillary Clinton at Aerosoles' Chrysler...
- Many Paths to Cool, But Big Gains for All. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;6/20/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 25, pS53
Presents updates on the footwear industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Percentage of increase in sales of athletic footwear; Rank of Nike in terms of profit; Theme of the advertising campaigns of Adidas; Acquisition of skate shoes specialist Vans by VF Corp.
- The Shaw Report. Shaw, Jessica // Entertainment Weekly;
Presents an update on popular culture trends in the U.S. as of July 30, 2004.
- LUCKY KICKS. Russak, Brian // FN: Footwear News;2/26/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p22
The article features the classic slip-on shoes from Vans.