Cool Trends on Display in Toronto
- NIKE EXPLORES SALE OF BAUER. T. J. R. // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that the company Nike is exploring the sale of Nike Bauer Hockey, after a business review that shows the brand doesn't align with its long-term growth potential. The subsidiary company was acquired as Canstar Sports Inc. in the year 1995 until the year 2006 when the Nike...
- Truly own brand. Roberts, Jo // Brand Strategy;May2008, Issue 222, p8
The article features several custom-made products from various companies. My DNA Fragrance, a company that sells unique perfumes created from individuals' DNA samples, taken via a mouth swab. Tissue brand Kleenex provides a service that enables customers to have their favourite unlicensed photo...
- One Size Fits One. HESSMAN, TRAVIS // Industry Week/IW;Jul2013, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p34
The article reports on growing trend of mass customization of consumer goods. Patricia Verduin, chief technical officer (CTO) of Colgate-Palmolive, says that today's consumer want things that are specific to them and their culture. Companies need to go for localized product offerings around the...
- Handheld Test and Measurement Instruments. Johnson, Dick // Control Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p79
The article discusses how product designs of hand-held equipment are leaning toward portability, speed, and cost efficiency. In an online survey regarding a customer's preferences and buying habits, it is found that in-plant requirement is the main reason for purchasing equipment and that most...
- design your own bag. // Shape;Nov2007, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p86
The article presents information on how a product line called Marcello de Cartier line facilitates customers to have customized bags. It is stated that one can visit a boutique and create own version of the Marcello handbag by selecting a size, material ranging from textured kidskin to printed...
- Always think of your customers first. Kaufman, Ron // Sell!ng;May2005, p2
Emphasizes the need for businessmen to consider consumers' preferences in product design. Disadvantages of disregarding customer's needs; Ways to satisfy customers.
- To Win Over Consumers, Items Must Be Practical. // MMR;12/14/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p28
The article discusses the importance of practical product design to win over consumers as well as relates the modifications made by various retail businesses to address it.
- Contingent Response to Self-Customization Procedures: Implications for Decision Satisfaction and Choice. Valenzuela, Ana; Dhar, Ravi; Zettelmeyer, Florian // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Dec2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p754
Self-customization is the process by which consumers seek to customize offerings to their own preferences. In this article, the authors propose that differences in self-customization procedures potentially influence (1) the product configuration favored, (2) the degree of decision difficulty in...
- Spread tow key to new hockey stick design. // High Performance Composites;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p82
The article offers information on the Supreme One 95 hockey goaltending stick manufactured by Nike Bauer Hockey using the TeXtreme Spread Tow carbon fiber fabric from Oxeon AB.