Malden Mills Files for Bankruptcy to Facilitate Sale
- Malden's Next Chapter: Sold to Gordon Bros. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;1/15/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the plan of Gordon Brothers Group to acquire Malden Mills, the Lawrence, Massachusetts-based company known for its Polartec performance fabrics, in 2007. Because of the planned acquisition, Malden can start focusing on brand building and research and development instead of...
- Malden Mills Board Approves Sale To Gordon Brothers. // Textile World;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the Board of Directors' approval of the $44-million sale of Malden Mills Industries Inc., manufacturer of Polartec fabrics, to turnaround investment specialist Gordon Brothers Group LLC in Massachusetts. Malden has filed petitions for reorganization under the Chapter 11...
- Malden Mills Postpones Chap. 11 Exit. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/10/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 73, p13
Reports on Malden Mills' postponement of its exit from bankruptcy as a result of some procedural problems.
- Malden Mills Sees Chap. 11 Emergence. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the state of Malden Mills Industries Inc.'s Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings. Date for confirmation of the company's reorganization plan; Deadline for chairman, president and chief executive officer Aaron Feuerstein to assemble the funding to buy back the company from its creditors.
- Beleaguered Malden Mills Gets New CEO. Gavenas, Marilise // DNR: Daily News Record;8/2/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p4
Features Michael Spillane, president and CEO of Malden Mills, producer of Polartec and Polarfleece based in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Career background; Information on the company; Plans of Spillane for the company.
- Maiden Mills Prepares for Sale. // Home Textiles Today;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the corporate reorganization of Malden Mills Industries Inc., Polartec fleece blankets and apparel manufacturer in Lawrence, Massachusetts. The company will restructure under Chapter 11 bankruptcy and then be sold to either Gordon Brothers Group LLC and Chrysalis Capital...
- Malden Eyes May Chap. 11 Exit. Greene, Joshua // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/11/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the reorganization plan of Malden Mills Industries Inc. in Worcester, Massachusetts. Need for a judge approval to exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Option for chairman Aaron Feuerstein to regain control of the company from secured lenders and unsecured creditors; Mandate in the plan...
- Malden Workers OK New Contract. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 123, p12
Reports on the approval by the manufacturing employees of Lawrence, Massachusetts-based Malden Mills Industries of a new labor contract, as of December 2004. Terms of the contract; Main concern raised by employees; Factors that led the company to file for bankruptcy in 2001.
- Nice guy not quite finished. Meisler, Andy // Workforce (10928332);Jul2003, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the extension of the deadline issued by a federal bankruptcy court for Aaron Feuerstein, president and owner of Malden Mills Industries Inc. in Malden, Massachusetts to either to raise several millions dollars or relinquish control to a creditors' committee. Struggle between...