- Caroli's Disease: Role Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. Missavage, Anne E.; Sugawa, Choichi // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1983, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p815
Several modalities have been used in the diagnosis of congenital dilatation of the intrahepatic bile ducts (Caroli's disease) with varying degrees of reliability and morbidity. We report two patients with Caroli's disease where endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography was used to define...
- Paucity of Intrahepatic Bile Ducts in Neonates: the First Case Series from Iran. Zahmatkeshan, Mozhgan; Geramizadeh, Bita; Haghighat, Mahmood; Enteshari, Hajar // Iranian Journal of Pediatrics;Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p65
Objective: Paucity of interlobular bile ducts (PIBD), defined as absence or marked decrease in the number of interlobular bile ducts, is one of the causes of neonatal cholestasis. Treatment includes treating the intractable pruritus caused by persistent cholestasis. PIBD can be part of a...
- Hepatolithiasis. // Encyclopedic Reference of Cancer;2001, p395
A definition of the term "hepatolithiasis," is presented, which refers to a disease state characterized by the presence of multiple, small calculi forming in the small intrahepatic bile ducts, typically associated with chronic parasitic and bacterial infections. It is endemic in some areas of...
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and Low-Dose Oral Pulse Methotrexate Therapy. Kaplan, Marshall M.; Arora, Sanjeev; Pincus, Stephanie H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb87, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p231
Presents case studies of sclerosing cholangitis in patients who responded to low-dose methotrexate treatment. Clinical history of the patients; Laboratory examination findings; Discussion on the disease.
- Treatment options for common bile duct stones. Ferguson, H.R.; Robinson, T.J. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p178
Presents several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- SELF ASSESSMENT ANSWERS: Treatment options for common bile duct stones. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p181
Presents the answers to several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- chololith. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololith" which refers to gallstone is presented.
- chololithiasis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololithiasis" is presented.
- Gallbladder disease. Bateson, Malcolm C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/26/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7200, p1745
Focuses on the pathophysiology and treatment of gall stones. Function of the gall bladder; How gall stones may be detected; True symptoms of gall stones.