Randomized Comparison of a Nicotine Inhaler and Bupropion for Smoking Cessation and Relapse Prevention
- Effectiveness of Nicotine Inhaler for Smoking Cessation in an OTC Setting. Leischow, Scott J.; Ranger-Moore, James; Muramoto, Myra L.; Matthews, Eva // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p291
Objective: To evaluate the effectiveness of the NicotrolÂ® nicotine inhaler as an aid to smoking cessation in over-the-counter (OTC) versus health-care-provider (HCP) conditions. Methods: Five hundred twenty healthy smokers were randomized to the treatment conditions and followed for a year....
- Nicotine concentrations with concurrent use of cigarettes and nicotine replacement: A review. Fagerstr�m, Karl Olov; Hughes, John R // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Dec2002 Supplement 2, Vol. 4, p73
This paper reviews the data on blood nicotine or saliva cotinine concentrations with concomitant smoking and use of nicotine replacement (NR) products. Eleven studies that provided data on blood nicotine concentrations, carbon monoxide in exhaled air, and number of cigarettes smoked were...
- A meta-analysis of the efficacy of over-the-counter nicotine replacement. Hughes, J.R.; Shiffman, S.; Callas, P.; Zhang, J. // Tobacco Control;Mar2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p21
Objective: To determine whether over-the-counter (OTC) nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is pharmacologically efficacious, whether it produces abstinence rates similar to those in prescription settings, and to estimate the long term (that is, greater than six month) abstinence rate with OTC...
- CLIP N' POST Eight ways to help you quit smoking. Parachin, Victor M. // American Fitness;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p52
Presents pieces of advice on how to quit smoking. Health effects of smoking; List of possible reasons for quitting smoking; Examples of nicotine replacement products.
- BEAT YOUR BUTT. Detz, Jeanine // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2005, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p62
Presents information on the Endit nicotine-free inhaler. Benefits of the product compared with other smoking cessation methods; Retail price of the inhaler.
- Nicorette Inhalor. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p390
This article presents information on Nicorette inhalor. It is a proprietary non-prescription preparation of nicotine. It can be used to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms experienced when giving up smoking. It is available in the form of an inhalation cartridge.
- Different strokes for different folks. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Mar2014, Vol. 95 Issue 1126, p14
The article features the range of pharmaceutical preparations produced by Nicorette for treating nicotine dependence. Topics discussed include the release of 2 and 4 milligram cooldrop lozenges for addressing cravings and the use of QuickMist mouth spray that provides immediate craving relief....
- Gender differences in quit rates following smoking cessation with combination nicotine therapy: Influence of baseline smoking behavior. Bohadana, Abraham; Nilsson, Fredrik; Rasmussen, Thomas; Martinet, Yves // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Feb2003, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p111
Investigates whether the male versus female cessation outcome was influenced by baseline smoking behavior in participants who attempted to quit by using nicotine inhaler plus nicotine patch combination therapy. Assessment of baseline nicotine dependence by the Fagerstrom Test for Nicotine...
- Is OTC nicotine therapy effective in long term? // Drug Topics;9/16/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 18, p8
Reports on researchers' study of the effectiveness of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) in increasing long-term success in smoking cessation in California. Use of data from the California Tobacco Survey; Finding that the use of NRT increased short-term cessation success in moderate to heavy...