- Appendix: Moluccas. // Indonesia Country Review;2011, p80
The article provides information about Moluccas also known as Spice Islands, a group of islands in eastern Indonesia.
- Appendix: Moluccas. // Indonesia Country Review;2012, p88
An appendix is presented of Moluccas, a region which once called the Spice Islands.
- PLECTRANTHUS AMBOINICUS (LOUR) SPRENG: AN OVERVIEW. P., Roshan; M., Naveen; S., Manjul P.; A., Gulzar; S., Anita; S., Sudarshan // Pharma Research;2010, Issue 4, p1
Plectranthus amboinicus (Lour) Spreng belongs to family Lamiaceae, known as country borage in English. It is large succulent aromatic perennial herb, shrubby below, hispidly villous or tomentose. It is found throughout India, Ceylon and Moluccas. The leaves of the plant are bitter, acrid and...
- Republik Maluku Selatan. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;12/06/96, Vol. 179 Issue 23, p10
Reprints the article `Republik Maluku Selatan' which appeared in the September 1994 issue of The Cartophilatelist.
- Social Tensions in Indonesia's Maluku Provinces Escalate to Religious Violence. Jolly, Joanna // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p61
Focuses on the impact of social tensions on the aggravating religious violence in Maluku, Indonesia. Death of people from sectarian war; Declaration of a civil state of emergency; Organization of Laskar Jihad, Indonesian Muslim army, to avenge the death of Muslims. INSET: ORIGINS OF THE NORTH...
- Copelatus sibelaemontis sp. nov. (Coleoptera: Dytiscidae) from the Moluccas with generic assignment based on morphology and DNA sequence data. HÁJEK, Jiří; HENDRICH, Lars; HAWLITSCHEK, Oliver; BALKE, Michael // Acta Entomologica Musei Natioalis Pragae;2010, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p437
We describe Copelatus sibelaemontis sp. nov. from Bacan and Morotai Islands, Moluccas (Maluku), Indonesia. This is the only known Indonesian Copelatus Erichson, 1832 with smooth elytra. It has been assigned to Copelatus based on morphology and DNA sequence data.
- URBAN DIASPORA AND THE QUESTION OF COMMUNITY. KAARTINEN, TIMO // Suomen Antropologi: Journal of the Finnish Anthropological Socie;Fall2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p56
The Bandanese are a community with a distinct language and tradition which point to their origin in Banda, an early base of Dutch colonization in Indonesia. Presently focused in two villages in the Kei Islands, the community has been transforming into a regional, urban diaspora since the 1960s....
- On Hypolycaena from Maluku, Indonesia, including the first description of male Hypolycaena asahi (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae). Cassidy, Alan; Rawlins, Andrew // ZooKeys;7/5/2011, Vol. 115, p53
The taxonomy and distribution of the five species of Hypolycaena in Maluku are discussed and new locality records given. Corrections are made to the published taxonomy and distribution of H. phorbas (Fabricius, 1793). This clarification enables a better understanding of the biogeography of the...
- Value system of pasi as a type of community based management of fisheries resources in Lease Islands, Maluku, Indonesia. Matrutty, Delly D. P. // Aquaculture, Aquarium, Conservation & Legislation - Internationa;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p342
Value system of pasi is one of community based management of fisheries resources in Lease Islands, Maluku which is maintained, practiced and strengthened in community. It was believed that this system had conservation values of exploited fisheries resources. The objectives of the present study...