IN THIS WEEK
- Anti-dumping duty: PTA mfrs. vs polyester units. // Colourage;May97, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p78
Reports on the different interests of polyester and petrochemical producers in India over dumping of purified terephthalic acid.
- Dumping duty on PTA imports from S. Korea, Thailand, Indonesia likely. // Colourage;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p85
The Indian commerce ministry recommended anti-dumping duties on purified terephthalate acid originating from South Korea, Thailand and Indonesia stressing that the export prices had been lower than the normal value and the product was being dumped by these countries into India. There is...
- China Launches Investigation on Imported Terephthalic Acid. // China Chemical Reporter;2/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the investigation on the terephthalic acid conducted by China, effective on February 12, 2009 as released by the Ministry of Commerce (MOC). The investigation will consist the dumping duration and the term of injury which was proposed by the leading terephthalic acid...
- The chemical industry in India: Reaching its threshold of pain. Mullan, P.S. // Chemical Business;Jan1998, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Highlights future challenges facing the chemical industry in India. Threat of dumping; Anomalies in the country's tariff structure; Need for government policies supportive of the industry; Scope of foreign investments in the industry.
- Advances in Silicone. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p27
Reports on the growth of the silicone market in China in 2004. Plan of foreign silicone producers to increase their investments in the country; Assessment on the country's production capacity; Launch of a dumping investigation into the import of methylethylcyclosiloxane in primary form.
- Bayer Earmarks $260 Millions For Fine Chemicals Investment. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/02/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the plans of Bayer to invest in fine chemicals and build a pharmaceutical intermediates plant in the United States (U.S.). Estimated sales from the expansion project; Forecast on the total fine chemical sales of pharmaceutical intermediates and active ingredients by 2004; U.S....
- Dumping - the perennial problem. // Chemical Business;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the dumping problem in the chemical industry, particularly in India. Evidence of the problem's growth; Allegation against anti-dumping measures; Statements issued by Omar Abdullah, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
- CPI's dumping disputes pick up. Young, Ian; Rotman, David // Chemical Week;12/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 24, p8
Reports on antidumping cases in the chemical industry in the United States and the European Union (EU). U.S. Department of Commerce's preliminary dumping margin on all imports of Akzo's aramid fibers; DuPont's allegation on Akzo's selling below production costs; Antidumping investigation in EU...
- Concerns over eager PTA plans. Puri, Anjali; Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p7
Reports on the concerns of foreign investors over the planned purified terephthalic acid (PTA) investments by companies in China. Possible effect of the investments on raw-material costs and the demand-supply balance in the domestic PTA market; Projected increase in China's PTA imports in 2003;...