Markets follow fluctuating crude
- Prices waver during inactive week. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p38
The article presents updates on market trends in the chemical industry. Markets are flat, with trades few and far between. A weakening energy complex sees aromatics prices falter, while olefins availability may soon be hit by outages. Open-spec naphtha spot cargoes are in a $538-542/ton CIF NWE...
- Trader speculation throws aromatics markets into chaos. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 433, p24
Reports on the status of the aromatics markets in Asia as of February 16, 2004. Effect of the announcement from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to cut crude output on the aromatics markets; Factors that lead to the increase in the market of aromatic compounds; Reasons behind...
- Gloomy picture for aromatics. Bianchi, Monica; Uctas, Rachel // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, Special section p39
Predicts the market for aromatics in 2002. Decline in the consumption of benzene in 2001; Factors that influence the styrene market; Demand for toluene.
- Business as usual in steady markets. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p46
The article presents updates on trends in the chemical industry. Contract discussions take centre stage, but Europe is quiet with players absent. Olefins availability starts to improve, while a fire at an aromatics facility in Asia shunts up prices. Open-spec spot naphtha cargoes in Europe were...
- Benzene takes a dive. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p25
Presents trends in the aromatic compounds market in Asia as of November 28, 2004. Decrease in benzene prices caused by excess supply in the region; Increase in contract nominations of paraxylene for December 2004; Tabular presentation of bulk chemical spot prices in U.S. dollars per ton.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;5/3/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 15, p27
The article presents information on the prices of chemicals as of May 3, 2006. Crude oil prices eased last week, pulling down U.S. aromatics prices from recent highs. European aromatics increased, despite falling crude prices, as they have been lagging U.S. increases. Spot styrene strengthened...
- ICIS conferences worldwide, 2006. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p38
The article presents a calendar of international events related to the chemical industry from June to November 2006. The 10th Asian Chloralkali Conference will be held on June 22 and 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Singapore. The 2nd Asian Aromatics Conference will be held on June 29 and 30 at...
- Petrochemicals in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/20/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 25, p46
Reports developments on petroleum chemicals industry. Decline in the prices for toluene; Increase in the July U.S. contract nominations for orthoxylene.
- World awash in LAB supply. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p8
The article reports that the oversupply of linear alkyl benzene (LAB) worldwide is expected to continue in the next five to 10 years. Increasing LAB capacity in the Eastern hemisphere is the main driver for the projected LAB glut. Growing consumption of LAB derivatives in developing countries is...