Chemicals sector raises bar
- Whither sustainable development on an international basis? // Chemical Business;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Presents the views of German Federal Environment Minister Jurgen Trittin on sustainable development. International cooperation on the matter; Key to sustainable economic development; Definition of sustainability.
- Shining Through the Downcycle. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;8/4/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 29, p49
Reports on the growth of business consulting in the chemical industry in 1998. Percent increase in Andersen Consulting's chemical business; Remarks from John McConnell, chemical industry leader at Deloitte Consulting, regarding the industry's shift from enterprise resource planning...
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p7
Several blogs are presented including a report from the European Environment Agency (EEA) and the European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC), the proposed Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy (SPIRE) efficiency, and an outlook on polyethylene (PE) prices in China.
- Sustainability: From the Boardroom to the Breakroom. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Oct2009, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p311
The article focuses on a report study conducted by Deloitte Consulting LLP and other companies concerning on the development of sustainability among consumer products sector. The report discloses opportunities for intensified sustainability for the sector, and identifies ways to determine...
- Finance. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;7/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p37
Presents news briefs regarding finance in the chemical industry as of July 19, 2000. Value of bonds issued by Dayton Superior, a construction chemicals company; Appointment of Frank Mitsch to be the chemicals equity research analyst at Chase Securities; Venture capital fund set up by Deloitte...
- Sustainable Development: It's Time to Walk the Talk. // Brains Trust: Sustainable Development;Jun2005, Issue 1, preceding p1
The article presents the report of Canada's Standing Senate Committee on Energy, the Environment and Natural Resources. The report states that long-term "sustainable" development could only be achieved by balancing economic, social and environmental imperatives. It states that the challenge of...
- MPI White Paper Looks at Meeting Sustainability. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jul2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the release of a white paper from Meeting Professionals International (MPI). This paper addresses the role of the meeting industry in greening meetings. It is the result of the education sessions held at a MPI conference in Copenhagen, Denmark in March 2007. During the...
- Big Four Moves. // Practical Accountant;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p12
Announces the privatization of Deloitte Consulting LLC. Separation of the unit from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu; Views of chief executive officer Doug McCracken on the privatization; Creation of an internal measurement and reward system.
- Single-asset sales drive UK market. // Hotel Management (21582122);Sep2012, Vol. 227 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the hotel industry analysis by Deloitte Consulting LLP, which indicates that hotel transaction activity across Great Britain in totalled around 1.0bn pounds in the first half of 2012.