Sumitomo wants CSR-based bosses
- Search for synergies. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/19/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 16, Sumitomo Chemical p8
Reports that the research and development (R&D) efforts of Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd is focusing on synergies between core technologies in Tokyo, Japan. Role of management in guiding and directing research efforts; Definition of R&D efforts in preparing the new three-year plan; Goal of the...
- In Pursuit of Stable High Growth Through Creative Hybrid Chemistry. // Chemical Week;5/12/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p35
The article profiles Sumitomo Chemical, one of Japan's leading chemical companies. It offers a diverse range of products in the fields of basic chemicals, petrochemicals, fine chemicals, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. It is using its unique technological competencies to promote...
- innovation. // Chemical Week;6/11/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 21, p25
Presents news briefs on technological innovations for the chemical industry as of June 11, 2003. Process of converting ethylene to propylene and butylene at ambient pressure using a nickel-based catalyst on a nanoporous silica support; Research effort of U.S. Army and the Massachusetts...
- Sumitomo Chairman: Global Shifts Heighten Petrochemical Volatility. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/5/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p17
The article presents the views of Hiromasa Yonekura, chairman Sumitomo Chemical, on volatility in the petrochemical industry. According to Yonekura, who received the 14th annual Petrochemical Heritage Award at the Chemical Heritage Foundation/National Petrochemical and Refiners Association...
- Sumitomo R&D in Malaysia. // Chemical Week;3/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 10, Chemicalweek Asia p5
Focuses the establishment of Sumitomo Chemical company's research and development center in Seremban, Malaysia. Amount invested in the center; Crop protection sales and technical support centers of Sumitomo in Shanghai and Sydney.
- innovation. // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p22
Presents updates on technological innovations within the chemical industry as of March 10, 2004. Identification of a gene found in guar and carob plants initiated by researchers at Dupont's Pioneer Hi-Bred International; Agreement of Sumitomo Chemical and Cambridge Display Technology to develop...
- TECHNOLOGY. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p30
Reports the commercial success of Sumitomo Chemical Co. in Japan. Elimination of ammonium sulfate by-product from the oxidation of cyclohexane; Construction of chemical plant of the company; Conversion of cyclohexane.
- Sumitomo Builds Gallium Plant in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/30/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Sumitomo Chemical Co. will build a gallium plant in Shanghai, China. Expected increase in production of high purity gallium by the end of 2001.
- Sumitomo ups petchem focus. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p19
This article reports on the plan of Sumitomo Chemical to reorganize the structure of its petrochemicals business to sharpen focus on development.