- NEWS IN BRIEF. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2095, p26
Presents an update on several business enterprises in the petrochemicals industry in Europe as of April 2004. Developments in the collaboration between Avantium Technologies and Degussa; Acquisition of the biocides business of Avecia by Arch Chemicals; Agreement between Solvay Pharmaceuticals...
- Wyeth and Curis Link Up in $170 MM Deal to Treat Neurological Disorders. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/19/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the access to Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. to biological signaling pathway technologies developed by Curis Inc. in the U.S. Development of treatment for neurological disorders; Facilitation of preclinical work validating the activity of the small-molecule Hedgehog nerve stimulants;...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;1/17/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p9
The article presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry. DuPont Advanced Fibers Systems (AFS) has agreed to form a partnership with SK Chemicals to jointly develop and produce materials made with DuPont's Kevlar fiber. Honeywell says it has appointed TRI-K industries as distributor in...
- Degussa-Huls to Link Asian Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/07/99, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the plans of Degussa-Huls to merge all its Asian company operations. Expansion plans of the company; Estimated sales of the company in Asia in 1998.
- Degussa Reshuffles Food and Feed Units. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the decision of chemical firm Degussa AG to break up its health and nutrition division which it had earlier earmarked for growth through acquisition.
- Degussa May Enter Mammalian Cell Field. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p73
Reports on the plan for the fine chemicals unit of Degussa to enter the biopharmaceutical business based on mammalian cell technology. Factors that hinder the company to made the final decision; Major players in the field; Predicted growth of the global mammalian cell capacity; Expansion plans...
- Degussa Expands Its Silicas and Carbon Black Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p39
Reports on Degussa Corp.'s expansion of capacity and introduction of new products in an effort to maintain its global position in the silica and carbon black markets. Upgrading of Degussa's plant in Belpre, Ohio; Degussa's projections on the growth of the fumed silica market; Plant planned by...
- Degussa Restructures and Warns on Losses. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p6
Reveals that Degussa will post a net loss in both the third quarter and all of 2003 because of poor conditions in the fine chemicals market. Restructuring of the company's fine and industrial chemicals division.
- Degussa to Build Silanes Complex. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p20
Reports that Degussa will build a complex at Nanjing, China to manufacture functional and rubber silanes. Areas in which the company will invest; Places where the company has precipitated silica plants.