Hupac enjoys 18% growth
- Alpine rail freight under threat. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2006, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p641
This article deals with the threat facing the future of rail freight in the Swiss Alps. A law was passed during the 1990s that requires freight hauled by road across the Alps to be switched to raft. As the law will no longer apply after 2010, new legislation is needed. The transport ministry has...
- Hupac widens rail areas. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p29
The article reports on the expansion of the rail network of Swiss intermodal transport operator Hupac through Benelux, Germany and Italy to meet strong growth. In April, shuttle services started linking the Netherlands to Germany's Rhein-Main area, as well as between Belgium and Italy. The...
- Hupac begins extended Italian rail operations. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p28
The article reports on the expanded rail operations unveiled by Swiss intermodal operator Hupac between Busto Arsizio and Fiorenzuola, near Parma, Italy. The train connects Emilia-Romagna and northern Tuscany to Hupac's international network. With daily departures from Busto, freight units from...
- 2016 BULK TRANSLOAD FACILITY DIRECTORY. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2016, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p26
No abstract available.
- Letters. Winter, Lisa; Mackay, Stu; Erickson Jr., Thomas F.; Cortes, Luis R. // Traffic World;8/11/2008, Vol. 271 Issue 32, p6
Several letters are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Does Co-mingling Equal Contamination?" in the July 14, 2008 issue, "Guide to LTL Trucking" and "Toll Booth," in the July 14, 2008.
- TRUCKGAUGE JOURNAL. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2012, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p26
The article provides information relevant to the U.S. trucking industry. The ratio of inventories to sales in the nation's economy increased slightly in May 2012. The New Orders index for the manufacturing sector dipped several points from May to June. Trailer and container loads for U.S....
- A year to forget. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/28/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p30
The article presents an outlook for the intermodal industry in 2008. The industry reported declines in 2007, such as the total intermodal volume of trailers and containers and the international container traffic moving by rail. Due to the declines, the industry expect the first quarter 2008 to...
- Supply chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p39
The article presents news briefs related to supply chains in the chemical industry. Swiss intermodal operator Hupac has opened an office in Warsaw, Poland. Ortwin Nast has been appointed as the CEO of Hoyer, a German transport and logistics company. Italian shipper Navigazione Montanari is...
- Hupac buys stake. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2010, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that a 25 percent stake in Switzerland-based rail freight operator Crossrail AG has been acquired by intermodal specialist Hupac.