Derivatives dent OX prices in Asia
- Markets Head for 'Atypical' Cycle Amid High Prices and Low Margins. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;6/30/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 20, p21
The article reports that spot polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) prices have risen with the latest spike in energy prices, despite mild global resin demand, says Sebastian Castelli, commodities analyst at SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale. Spot prices for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and...
- PMMA in Asia may soften because of weak demand. Mirasol, Feliza; Lin, Junie // ICIS Chemical Business;9/20/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the low spot prices for general-purpose-grade polymethyl methacrylate (GP-PMMA) in Asia in August 2010 due to slow demand. It notes that prices were in the range of 3,150 to 3,200 U.S. dollars per tonne cost and freight (CFR) Southeast Asia and 2,900 to 3,000 U.S. dollars...
- Europe IPA demand drops as price decrease looms. Barker, Chris // ICIS Chemical Business;2/8/2016, p6
The article reports on the decline in demand for European isopropanol (IPA) due to the upcoming feedstock price announcements for February 2016. Topics covered include an expected price decrease for upstream propylene, the expectation by some players for producers to push for rollovers or small...
- Busy on Both Sides of the Atlantic. // High Yield Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p2
Focuses on the slowdown of primary market in the U.S. Emphasis on the high demand for paper; Impact of management on the improved Internet scores in the automotive sector; Use of proceeds to fund acquisition and for financing purposes.
- Tensions rising in the grain pits. Suderman, Arlan // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Mar2011, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p30
The article presents the view of the author on the rising demand for corn and soybeans in the markets in the U.S.
- Asia paraxylene report adds a string to ICIS' bow. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p40
This article presents information on the performance of the paraxylene market in Asia, based on the Asian PX report. The industry is very liquid, with volatile prices. Paraxylene is in short supply and faces increasingly high demand. This means that spot prices will become even more volatile in...
- EMs Lead The Way. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/20/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p1
This article provides an outlook for trends in domestic demand in emerging markets in 2010.
- A Systematic Approach to Market Opportunity Analyses. Woodruff, Robert B. // Business Horizons;Aug76, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
Far more understanding of markets is needed than is provided by demand forecasts. These estimates do not provide much insight into how best to serve market targets. Management must build an understanding of the more qualitative characteristics of markets, including customer's needs, demographic...
- Apartment Demand Outstripping Supply Is Expected to Continue. HIRSH, LOU // San Diego Business Journal;12/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p10
The article reports on the continues demand for apartment units in San Diego County, California until 2014, according to real estate experts.