Ethylene buyers expect a drop
- Naphtha Is in Short Supply. Xuesong, Bai // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information related to the increasing demand for naphtha, one of the important oil products in China. In China, naphtha is mainly used to produce refining and chemical integrated complexes, such as ethylene and aromatics. As per statistics, the output of chemical light oil...
- Contracts set spot market pitch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;3/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p40
The article presents updates on market trends in the chemical industry. European naphtha cargoes were assessed at cif NWE. Prices tracked higher crude futures, but the market continued to be characterized by an overhang of supply and slack spot-demand given closed U.S. and Asian arbs. The...
- Cracker operators fear margin squeeze. // Asian Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 398, p24
Reports the concerns raised by Asian cracker operators over ethylene prices and naphtha costs. Decline in the cost of ethylene per tonne; Impact of such trend on traders; Plans of operators in connection with the issue.
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p59
Presents world news briefs on issues related to the chemical industry as of September 2000. Prices of ethylene in Asia; Demand for polyethylene and polypropylene derivative products; Cut in the naphtha supplies from Kuwait.
- Asian naphtha price rise stifled by poor demand. LOO, FELICIA; PITCHES, JO // ICIS Chemical Business;11/14/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 16, p22
The article presents an update on the naphtha market in Asia. It is said that Asian naphtha prices are predicted to continue to rise in line with global crude futures. However, the price of the petrochemical feedstock could be dampen by rising naphtha supply and weak spot demand. Ethylene...
- Ethane advantage hits 10-year high. ELAINE, MARGINS; BRICE, ANDY; Hartneil, Regan; Weddie, Nel; Davis, Nigel; Capaldo, Franco; Lemos, William // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 7, p14
The article presents information on ethylene production in the U.S. It is reported that U.S. producers are getting huge margins for ethane-based ethylene but naphtha-based production is still struggling. It is informed that U.S. ethylene producers are capitalizing on cheap shale-derived ethane...
- European Ethylene Contracts Finally Settle. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 41, p39
Provides information on the cost of ethylene contracts in Europe for the fourth-quarter of 2003. Impact of the volatility in naptha feedstock prices on the contracts; Views of ethylene buyers on the contracts; Description of the European ethylene market.
- Glycol Ethers Have Optimistic Prospects in China. Chen Yongfu // China Chemical Reporter;10/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p22
The article reports on the positive prospects of glycol ethers in China. It discusses the components and elements of glycol ethers, and mentions the advanced production of the chemical in the country following the success of Jiangsu Tianyin Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. in creating continuous...
- Naphtha at new high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 447, p26
Presents updates on chemical prices as of May 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene.