Mab Ta Phut approvals halted
- Fair warning upheld. // Chemical Week;11/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 43, p40
Focuses on a United States court ruling on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) about the giving of warning before citing a company for environmental policy noncompliance. Remarks of Hoechst AG attorney on the court's decision.
- Plant Security Bill Heads to Senate Committee. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;12/21/2005, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p8
The article reports on the plan of U.S. Senate lawmakers to introduce federal chemical plant security legislation in December 2005. The proposed plant security bill also drops a provision that would have allowed federal chemical plant security standards to preempt or block more stringent state...
- Cefic attacks report on chemical danger. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p40
The article focuses on the response of the organization Cefic to a paper published in the periodical The Lancet which stated that 202 industrial chemicals could cause brain damage in children. Cefic pointed out that a statement from a respectable group of professionals has to be given...
- Global Regulations. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p18
The article examines the growing list of international and national chemical industry regulatory requirements. It discusses some of the most-resource intensive regulations, including the European Union's Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals law; North America's plan to...
- Living in the Shadow of POISONOUS AIR. Stranahan, Susan Q. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep87, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the health risks and environmental problems associated with the operation of chemical plants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Chemicals which are used and are hazardous to human health; Operations of a drum company which reconditions steel drums by burning out the chemical residues;...
- Beyond control - The uncertainties and diverging images of Swedish chemicals regulation. Haikola, Simon // Electronic Green Journal;2015, Vol. 1 Issue 38, preceding p1
Today, industrialised societies are frequently confronted with new warnings delivered by experts about risks associated with anthropogenic substances. Such warnings are typically not related to any definitive consequences but rather to admissions of great uncertainty about effects, and thus they...
- Corizone Reintroduces Chemical Security Act. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/20/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 3, p24
Reports on U.S. senator Jon Corzine's reintroduction of Chemical Security Act, legislation that will set federal standards for chemical plant security. Number of chemical plants in the country at risk for terrorist attack; Provisions of the bill; Toxicity of chemicals produced by the plants.
- Minimum Security Standards for Chemical Plants Are Pondered. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the chemical plant security legislation being considered in the United States following September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. What chemical industry officials maintain about security procedures at their manufacturing facilities; What a study found about security at chemical plants.
- Ethylene imports to increase in H2. QI, CHRIS // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p12
The article anticipates a short-term increase in ethylene imports in China during the second half of 2012 despite an increase in ethylene manufacturing capacity through the construction of crackers and refineries. Topics include a petrochemical industry stimulus package implemented in China in...