MMA PRODUCTION EXPANSION IN CHINA
- Sumitomo to build at Jurong Island. // European Chemical News;6/6/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2150, p16
Reports on the plans of Sumitomo Chemical to build a methyl methacrylate plant and a polymethyl methacrylate plant at Jurong Island, Singapore as of June 2005. Expected increase in the total capacity of Sumitomo Chemical; Information on the chemical plants.
- MRC mulls Nanjing, Shanghai and Huizhou for MMA. // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p19
Reports on the possible move of Mitsubishi Rayon Corp. to build a methyl methacrylate plant in two locations in China, as of March 2003. Description of potential locations; Construction schedule; Outlook for the company. INSETS: Acrylic unit in Nantong;Acrylic esters study to follow MMA study.
- Sumitomo hikes MMA polymer. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/27/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2117, p37
Reports on the construction of a methyl methacrylate plant by LG MMA Corp. in Yeochun, South Korea in 2004. Background on the ownership of the plant; Manufacturing capacity of the plant.
- Lucite International to Build MMA Plant in China. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/16/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 41, p14
Reports on the start of the construction of Lucite International's methyl methacrylate plant at Caojing, near Shanghai, China in the first quarter of 2003. Initial production capacity of the plant; Background on Lucite; Information on the Initial public offering plan of the company.
- Evonik plans to build US MMA plant. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;10/1/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 25, p11
The article reports on a project by the chemical company Evonik Industries for the construction of a methyl methacrylate (MMA) production plant at its facilities in Mobile, Alabama, noting that the plant will implement Evonik's Aveneer MMA manufacturing process.
- Degussa plans world-scale MMA facility at a China site. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2155, p16
Reports on the plan of Degussa AG to build world-scale production facilities for methyl methacrylate monomer (MMA) and various methacrylate specialties at a site in China. Value of investment required for the methacrylates production; Addition of capacity for polymethylmethacrylate and other...
- New projects. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 492, p6
Presents updates on new projects in the chemical industry in Asia as of May 30, 2005. Construction contract of Technip from PetroVietnam; Delay of the Olefins Number 8 project of National Petrochemical Co. in Bandar Imam, Iran; Planned development of methyl methacrylate units by Mitsubishi...
- Sabic Mitsubishi jv plans $1b MMA unit. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2009, Issue 819, p13
The article reports on the Saudi Arabia-based joint venture between Sabic and Mitsubishi Rayon that aims to put up a methyl methacrylate (MMA) plant and a polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) plant. It states that Mitsubishi's Alpha process will be used to process ethylene supplied by Sabic into MMA....
- Evonik to explore feedstock options. CHANG, JOSEPH; DIETRICH, JOHN; Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/15/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the construction of a methyl methacrylate (MMA) chemical plant in Mobile, Alabama by the Germany chemical industry firm Evonik. The location of the plant is discussed in relationship to its access of low-priced shale gas which would be used as feedstock at the plant. MMA's...