Kuwait to cut oil dependency
- Rubber and Plastic Processing Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing. Wang Chung-ching // TIER Industry Report - Rubber & Plastic Processing Machinery & E;6/12/2014, p1
â€¢ Output and Sales: Gross fixed capital formation rose 2.24 percent in Taiwan in the first quarter of 2014. US success in developing shale oil sector hit the conventional petrochemical industry and wreaked havoc on the operations of general plastic makers. Therefore, domestic demand...
- Industry Foreground under High Oil Price. // China Chemical Reporter;11/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p22
Discusses cascading effect of rising international oil market prices on various industries in China. Import costs rise and inflation pressure increases; Impact of oil crisis on the aviation industry; Building materials industry; Plastic processing industry; Oil refining industry; Water...
- Whither petrochemical industry. // Chemical Business;May2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
Presents information on the Indian petrochemicals industry as of May 2001. Plan of the Ministry of Law and Company Affairs to establish a Trade Related Competition Commission of India; Facilities needed by the Indian market.
- News in brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p16
Reports on news and developments concerning the petrochemicals industry in the Middle East. Cairo office of Arthur Andersen's private placement to raise funds for a polyester project by Saudi Egyptian Petrochemical Co.; Petronas of Malaysia and state-run Indian Oil Corp.'s plan for joint...
- What's Next in Petrochemicals? Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p3
Comments on the future of petrochemical industry. Effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the industry; Financial losses of some petrochemical companies; Expectations on company consolidations.
- Brazilian petrochemical players. // Chemical Week;11/5/1997 Supplement, Vol. 159 Issue 42, pS28
Presents a diagram of Brazilian petrochemical firms ranked according to percentage of voting shares.
- Brazilian petrochemical capacities. // Chemical Week;11/5/1997 Supplement, Vol. 159 Issue 42, pS31
Presents a diagram of petrochemical capacities in Brazil, in thousands of metric tons for each petrochemical product type, as of March 1997.
- Restructuring improves basic performance of companies' chem units. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the restructuring efforts of international oil companies and its effect on their financial performance. Findings of study conducted by New Vernon Associates Inc. on the chemical operations of oil companies and petrochemical manufacturers; Comparison of chemical businesses of the two...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/30/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p8
Presents news on the petrochemical business as of July 30, 2001. Heptene and octene prices; Price of nonene in Europe; Demand for both acetone and phenol.