China's latex surge to outstrip Europe and US
- Global styrene pinch is projected for 1996. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;9/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p16
Reports on findings of a study on the global styrene markets. Demand pressure on installed operations; Projections for demand and capacity for 1994-1998; Forecasts for United States exports; Figures on China imports.
- New Asia plants will hurt profits. Cornitius, Tim; Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;1/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the expected increase in the competition in the worldwide styrene monomer industry due to the construction of new plants in Korea and other Far East countries. Estimated additional capacity to be added in 1995-1999; Estimated global nameplate capacity by 2000; Projected global...
- PS predictions. // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p38
Reports on forecasts on polystyrene production in the United States for 1996.
- Styrene Margins Pass a Peak. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;7/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 28, p20
States that styrene producers have posted growth for the first half of 2000. Forecast for the rest of the year; Factors affecting the performance of the industry.
- Market should be tighter this upturn. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;4/19/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 15, p56
Reports on the forecasts for the styrene industry. Overbuilding; Tight supply-demand balance; Prices.
- Low Demand Erodes PS Margins. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p39
Predicts the decrease demand of polystyrene which could caused unfavorable price and margin of producers through the end of year 2001. Operating rates of the industry; Decision of Nova Chemicals to hold its production in Belpre, Ohio; Postponement of Atofina's expansion at Carling, France.
- Styrene makers see a turnaround in '97. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;02/10/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on styrene producers' forecasts for a better 1997 with tighter supplies tied to a postponed expansion by Huntsman Corp. as well as production outages. Background on the Huntsman expansion plans; Possibility of a further deal with BASF Corp.; State of the styrene market.
- Styrene Contracts Expected to Fall. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;10/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 38, p22
Reports on the projected decline in styrene contracts in Europe in the fourth quarter of 2001. Average volume of styrene contracts during the third quarter; Reason for the fluctuations in styrene prices; Problems faced by the styrene industry.
- Higher prices cheer European PS, PP makers. Weismann, Gerrit; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/24/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the pricing situation for polystyrene (PS) and polypropylene (PP) producers. Price initiatives of PS producers; Optimism over price initiatives; Factors responsible for upward trend; Reasons for rise in prices in Europe; Profit for producers; September price initiative; Reasons for...