INEOS ready for downturn
- INEOS drives plastics growth. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p8
The article reports on the plans of INEOS Polyolefins to invest more than â‚¬150 million in Europe, lifting polypropylene (PP) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) capacities in Belgium and the Great Britain by 2009. At Geel in Belgium, INEOS will close an older, unprofitable PP plant in...
- INEOS ready for downturn. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the action taken by INEOS Polyolefins to recover from an industry downturn. The company is investing â‚¬150 million in European polyolefins to increase and update its capacity. The company also decided to close a polypropylene (PP) plant at Geel, Belgium while at the...
- BP Slashes U.S. Polypropylene Capacity. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the decision of chemicals company BP to close two of its polypropylene (PP) plants in North America. Reason behind the move; Plans for the employees affected by the plant closures; PP capacity of the company after the closures.
- DSM Consolidates Its PP Production. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/12/99, Vol. 255 Issue 15, p7
Reports the closure of the polypropylene (PP) plant of DSM NV in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Implication of the closure on PP capacity in the country; Operation of the factory.
- Huntsman to Shutter Plant in New Jersey. TERRY, LARRY // Chemical Week;3/10/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the plan of Huntsman company to close its polypropylene (PP) plant at Woodbury, New Jersey on April 30, 1999. Reason behind the company's move; Expected production capacity of PP by 2001.
- Sunoco Closes Texas Polypropylene Line. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/15/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the announcement made by Sunoco Chemicals that it will permanently close a polypropylene production line at La Porte, Texas at the end of the third quarter of 2002. Reason behind the closure of the plant; Number of employees that are expected to affected by the shutdown; Impact of...
- REMEMBER THIS... // Plastics News;1/20/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p0006
The article reports that Sunoco Inc. announced its plans to close 400 million pound capacity polypropylene plant in Bayport, Texas five years ago in "Plastic News."
- BP to Close PP and P-Xylene Units, Citing Declining Demand. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p14
Announces the plan of chemical firm BP to close para-xylene and polypropylene plants in the United States. Implications of the shutdowns; Companies that made the same move; Reasons that led to the shutdowns.
- BP slashes glutted PP capacity. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the reduction in the polypropylene (PP) capacity of British Petroleum PLC by closing its Cedar Bayou plant in Baytown, Texas. Reason cited for the move; Decision to idle a line at the Chocolate bayou plant in Alvin, Texas; Contribution of the firm's acquisition of PP capacity from...