Albemarle boosts earnings growth
- Specialties firms beat estimates despite earnings declines. // Chemical Week;11/9/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 28, p13
The article focuses on specialty chemical producers in North America which beat analyst expectations in November 2015 despite the decline in earnings. Producers include Ecolab, Ashland, and Albemarle. Topics discussed include the decline of net income in the third quarter, net loss of Ashland,...
- European Chemical Profits Improve on Strong Demand. WALSH, KERRI; YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;10/25/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 26, p19
The article reports on the strong financial performance of chemical companies in Europe in the third quarter of 2010. The growth in the European chemical companies' sales and earnings were attributed to improved demand, volumes and improved selling prices. However, the article reveals that...
- Specialty firms upbeat after posting strong first quarter. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/1/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 17, p7
The article reports on the business performance of Specialty Chemical Corporations for the first quarter in the U.S. Pallbearer posted Q1 earnings per share of 71 cents, surpassing the eight cents estimates of Wall Street. The earnings leaped 43 percent to 34.4 million dollars on 19 percent...
- 5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p8
The article offers news briefs in the chemical industry as of February 2007. Fourth quarter operating profits of Celanese rose by 10 percent. Canada is likely to levy environmental fees on polyethylene terephthalate and other packaging materials by 2010. Albemarle announced a share split, with...
- Albemarle Slow and Steady Wins the Race. Wood, Andrew; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;1/22/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p14
Profiles the chemical company Albemarle. Earnings performance in 2002; Mergers and acquisitions activity; Response of industry analysts to the company's consolidation activity.
- Rising Costs Crimps First-Quarter Specialty Earnings. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p11
Focuses on specialty chemical earnings reports as of April 30, 2003. Cytec; Ecolab; Albemarle.
- Cytec Rises on Higher 2003 Guidance; Albermarle Misses Estimates in 4Q. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/27/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the financial performance of specialty chemicals companies, Cytec Industries Inc. and Albemarle Corp. during the fourth quarter of 2002. Share price increase for Cytec; Profit improvement for Cytec compared to that of the same period in 2001; Lower-than-expected earnings per share...
- Albemarle Seeks Sales Assistance. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;12/22/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 49, p40
Reports on the efforts of chemical firm Albemarle of Richmond, Virginia to improve its sales growth. Appointment of Mark Rohr as executive vice president/operations; Expectations of analysts on sales and operating profits of Albemarle for 1999; Failed attempt of Albemarle to acquire Albright &...
- Albemarle realigns specialty units. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/18/97, Vol. 252 Issue 7, p17
Reports that Albemarle Corp. has realigned its two global business units and formed a marketing excellence team to bring additional resources to polymer chemistry and fine chemical production.